Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Anyone else...

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
Did anyone else get really bad acne after their mc? I have crappy skin to begin with but I had my mc three weeks ago and my face has been HORRIBLE for the last two. I've never had acne this bad, not even when i hit puberty. So embarrassing. As if I don't already feel shitty dealing with the mc this just adds insult to injury. Was thinking maybe because my hormones are all messed up?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:25 PM

No, but I was HOT!  Not in a good way either, like sweating hot!  Could have been that we were living in Arizona, and it was summer time ;)  But I think it was more like hot flash kinda thing.  I'm sure it's just a hormonal thing.

michellej428
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope my body figures it out..i don't even want to leave the house :'(

Quoting Angela4boys:

No, but I was HOT!  Not in a good way either, like sweating hot!  Could have been that we were living in Arizona, and it was summer time ;)  But I think it was more like hot flash kinda thing.  I'm sure it's just a hormonal thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yperez0209
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I think it's hormonal also. Once your body goes back to normal it should go back to the way it was before. Use an acne wash like Neutrogena maybe twice a day. That's what use to control mine when I was a teen. And limit how much foundation your putting on, it might cover stuff up but it clogs your pores even more. When I had a really bad pimple I would put a dab of the wash ( without water ) and leave that little bit on over night and it would dry out the pimple.

I'm so sorry about your loss.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I had my angel at 38 weeks but I did have some problems with acne.  Not horribly bad but quite a bit and I normally have clear skin.  I figured because there are times that I only showered every other day or so.  I know digusting but I just didn't feel like showering every day.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I just happen to have a pimple right now, LOL, and although nobody else probably notices it, it feels like Mt. Saint Helens to me!  The thing that is getting me right now, is that I'm having postpartum hair loss...I've got hair falling out all over!! 

Quoting michellej428:

I hope my body figures it out..i don't even want to leave the house :'(

Quoting Angela4boys:

purfectlilly
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM

i haven't had that.

Lilly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN