Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I feel silly

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:14 AM
  • 6 Replies

I want to do something to remember this pregnancy by, All I have is a pregnancy test. I was 4wks 6days and starting bleeding heavy today. I feel stupid to want to tell people I have lost this baby. I want to annonce the pregnancy that no one knew about, I have known for a week but I didnt say anything to anyone other then my mum, sister, fiance and 2 close friends but now I sit here thinking I want to make sure this baby is known about.

I want to upload a picture of my positive test to facebook with message to let everyone know that we had and have lost our second child but I honestly feel like a attention seeker or like I will be seen as one :(

Do you think its a bad idea?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM
I already responded in the other group. I think whatever feels right to you. I don't think a loss is something to hide or be ashamed of

Hugs and prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon1980
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:22 AM
I don't think it's a bad idea at all. When dh and I got pregnant family got mad because we didn't tell anyone right away. We waited till we where in the second trimester to tell anyone. Any way if they say something just tell them you just found out and where waiting to tell. I am sorry for your loss. No matter how far along you are it's hard. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I think you should do it...I think it will give you an outlet to talk to people, and let others know that your baby is and was important to you, and also hopefully others will be able to support you. 

LilysMommy813
by Heather on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Unfortunately because we feel this way is why miscarriage is so hush hush and not talked about. Tell people about your baby, let them know you are sad because you lost this baby, it is normal, it is human, and it is not silly. If anyone thinks you are attention seeking for making one post about losing your baby then they are heartless. I'm sorry momma, and I'm sorry many of us feel this way too often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I think it is perfectly ok to announce your pregnancy/loss. Thinking of you and so sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purfectlilly
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

i didn't announce my second loss exactly for these reasons and i ended up with noone to talk to about what i was going through. i hope that if you announce it, you will have good support network that will know that you need support right now.

Lilly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)