Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Does it usually take several days to be accepted into the Second Trimester Loss Group?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 10 Replies

I experienced a second trimester loss that I struggle with.  I found the group online and applied to join but didn't get a response.  Is this typical?  Or should I re-apply?  Thank you for any insight.  I am new to Cafe Moms.

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Is that another group on cafemom?  Maybe that group isn't as active or the group owner isn't that active and it could be why its taking a few days.

I'm sorry for your loss.  This is a loss group for everyone no matter when you lost the baby.  There are a lot that have had a 2nd trimester lost and even some with a 3rd trimester loss.  This is a very diverse group and we all can help support you.

My angel was born sleeping in May 2012 at 38 weeks due to a birth defect called Anencephaly.

helical
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.  Thank you for the warm welcome.  I appreciate it.  

Yes, it is another group here, and why I joined.  I felt a little like it might be easier to talk with those who had similar experiences medically,  but in the end you are right, the overall loss is the same. 

LilysMommy813
by Heather on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
A lot of woman in here have had a second trimester loss, I think we all come here because in my experience the other loss groups aren't that active
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Im so sorry for your loss and Im sorry that you arent getting a response.  I hope you can find some women in here to bond with and you find some comfort with this group of ladies.  We have all suffered losses at different times but definitely share eachothers grief.  I know there are also a lot of women who have suffered 2nd trimester losses.  

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I know that group isnt nearly as active anymore and its a member owned group so it may take longer. Hopefully you get into it soon, but you may find more support here since it is so much more active.
I had a second trimester (17 weeks) in July 2010. Welcome to the group and hope you find comfort here. There are moms on here from all stages of pregnancy all the way to term.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2forKaty
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM
I had an early second trimester at 15 weeks in March 2011.

So sorry for your loss and pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rtenboer
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM
I lost my daughter at 21 weeks. If you want to talk send me a message. Im on here daily.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I am betting it's not an active group. 

Welcome to this group btw.  I love this group, and find it very supportive and easy to talk to everyone.  I myself experienced a 2nd trimester loss...but this group has everyone, 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester, There are also Moms here that have lost infants, as well.  I find that although all our situations are different, we have common threads that are the same, and the stages of grief are the same.  

I'm very sorry for your loss...losing a child is a pain like no other. 

luvbeinamommy68
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM

i have also lost my baby during the 2nd trimester. i was 24 weeks 5 days. she lived for 4 days before suffering a level 4 brain bleed which shut down her kidneys. at 3 days old she suffered a level 3 brain bleed which cause seziures and a stroke. we couldnt let her suffer anymore so we took her off life support.

Wife to Donald for 5 yrs (Annver. 12/30) and mommy to 6!

Hubby comes home Dec. 23rd!! Cant wait!!

Jason 6, Alexis 4 1/2, Catelynn 2 1/2, Ethan 1 1/2 and 2 angels. Baby Fletcher lost to MC 11/13/11 and Makayla lost to premature labor at 24 weeks 5 days 08/17/12 - 08/21/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

You may have left my arms but you will never leave my heart! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
JaLayah
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I recently had my son, stillborn at 25 weeks 1 day. I know how hard it is. I'm still having trouble dealing with the loss. I hope we can both find comfort in this group.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)