Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Lost baby at 17 weeks. TTC?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm 19 and have been with the same guy for 7 months now. We found out we were pregnant and we were expecting our first child march 27, 2013. We didn't know how to deal with it.. So many mixed emotions. But deep down I was excited and so were our families. We had a wonderful support system. everything was going absolutely perfect with my pregnancy until I woke up one morning and found out I was miscarrying.
I was devastated.. Worst experience I've ever gone through. I don't know why or how it happened. I'm still dealing with it daily an its tough. It's only been a few weeks since it happened and its all still new. My boyfriend has been great through all this and really supportive. We talk about it everyday.. Theirs no way not to bring it up. I feel like I want to try to have another child. Is this normal? Our first wasn't planned and now I feel like i really want to try to have another baby. I miss being pregnant and I want to experience all the good things again. I feel like I can't wait another day. Is this normal to feel this way? Opinions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Absolutely normal to feel that way.  I had a m/c at 17w 5d on Sept 25, it wasn't a planned pregnancy (my daughter was just born April 9 and she was SUPPOSED to be our last) and since then all I can think about is getting pregnant again.  Good luck!

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for your loss.  Wanting another child after pregnancy is normal.  After a loss it makes most women ache so much from empty arms that they want to fill that ache (not replace it) but help with that ache.  

For me my daughter had a severe birth defect we found out about at 12 weeks and she was born sleeping at 38 weeks.  We both wanted to wait to try for a while but now 6 months yesterday since she passed we are getting baby fever.  It happens to everyone.  You want a happy ending what should have been a happy time.  

MommaBoop922
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Im so sorry for your loss.  I think these are normal feelings that come with grieving.  Wanting to try again is something all of us have been through at some point after our loss.  Its important to make sure you have grieved and you are open with your boyfriend.  Since you two still have a a relatively new relationship, you want to make sure you are on the same page and just letting him know what ou are feeling.  After talking it out you may find you both want to try or you may realize now is just not the right time.  I hope that whatever you decide works out of you and I wihs you the very best ((HUGS))

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your loss :(. What you are feeling is very normal. Everyone is different, but for me, I had to wait, and that was probably a good thing. I don't think I was emotionally ready. It has been almost 5 months for me since our loss, and although I want another baby, I still sometimes wonder if I am ready...
DarciMykell
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my miscarriage July 15th, 2011. I found out on the 13th that I was having a miscarriage at 18 wks. My husband and I had orginally planned on waiting 6 months to try to get pregnant again. But after maybe a month I couldn't wait any longer. We talked about it and started trying right away. I got pregnant 3 months after my miscarriage. My son was due on the exact date we found out we were having a miscarriage. I don't regret trying right away. But everyone is different. What you are feeling is totally normal.

Diananick
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry for your loss :( after my loss last year at first I was so scared to try again cuz I thought I would go thru another loss but after a couple weeks I felt like I HAD to get pregnantthat was the only way for me to heal that's all that was on my mind it took us a year and 10 days to get pregnant with this baby and so far so good.. Its completely normal to feel how you feel I say go for it try to have a baby do whatever is going to make you feel ok in the end
Cam327
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I feel like its the only way I will be able to be okay with the past. I just want my own baby that I thought I was going to get but was unexpectedly taken away. Every time I see a pregnant woman or newborn child I can't hold back the tears. My boyfriend and I are talking about engagement and doing better than ever and I just want the chance to be a mom. I know I would be able to do it.

Quoting Diananick:

I'm so sorry for your loss :( after my loss last year at first I was so scared to try again cuz I thought I would go thru another loss but after a couple weeks I felt like I HAD to get pregnantthat was the only way for me to heal that's all that was on my mind it took us a year and 10 days to get pregnant with this baby and so far so good.. Its completely normal to feel how you feel I say go for it try to have a baby do whatever is going to make you feel ok in the end

Diananick
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Cam327:

That's exactly how I felt I hated every pregnant woman I was so jealous I didn't wish what happened to me to happen to other expectant mothers I just didn't want them to be happy when I was in so much pain I hurt more than I have ever in my entire life it's not fair at all I'm still not over it not even close it does get better tho I bought a candle to remember my baby and I light it every time I'm depressed about it I think it helps me... Get engaged if that's going to make you happy seems like your boyfriend really loves you and wants to be with you for the long run that's amazing and def try for a baby u should talk to your dr and don't stress it if it doesn't happen right away like I said took me and nick 1year and 10 days after the loss.. Because of my loss it took away the innocence of feeling excited and happy when I found out about this pregnancy I was scared and terrified Im 21 weeks and just started feeling ok and happy so when you do get pregnant and your not excited its normal it will come to you
Cam327
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Thank you for the advise! I just don't know if he's 100% ready for a baby yet. I have talked to him and he knows how bad I want a baby but he also didn't go through half the pregnancy with the same feelings as i did.. It just sucks how everything went about. I count every week as if I'm still pregnant and I feel like I will do that until the due date.. I don't know if being pregnant will help or make it worse.. I've never had a miscarriage so I don't know if this is going to turn into something good or if I'm going to think about it daily for the rest of my life..

Quoting Diananick:

Quoting Cam327:

That's exactly how I felt I hated every pregnant woman I was so jealous I didn't wish what happened to me to happen to other expectant mothers I just didn't want them to be happy when I was in so much pain I hurt more than I have ever in my entire life it's not fair at all I'm still not over it not even close it does get better tho I bought a candle to remember my baby and I light it every time I'm depressed about it I think it helps me... Get engaged if that's going to make you happy seems like your boyfriend really loves you and wants to be with you for the long run that's amazing and def try for a baby u should talk to your dr and don't stress it if it doesn't happen right away like I said took me and nick 1year and 10 days after the loss.. Because of my loss it took away the innocence of feeling excited and happy when I found out about this pregnancy I was scared and terrified Im 21 weeks and just started feeling ok and happy so when you do get pregnant and your not excited its normal it will come to you

mommyofnoah208
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
So sorry for your loss. I lost my son at 17 weeks in 2010. It is completely normal to really want another baby after a loss. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN