Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

2 miscarriages && I want my Baby!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have a quick question! I have had 2 miscarriages this yr & there is nothin more I want then 2 give my daughter a brother or sister. The 1st miscarriage I was told 2 wait 3 months so I waited 6 months && had another miscarriage! Just wanted 2 knw how long other Docs told other moms 2 wait b4 they tried again?!
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this

It depends how early/late your mc's were.  If early 2 to 3 cycles seems to be most doctors recommendations.  And if 2nd or 3rd trimester depending maybe 6 or more months.  Don't be afraid it probably has nothing to do with how long you waited. *Hugs*

xotatiannaxo
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM

im so sory for your losses.  I had two mc this year as well. one have 5 weeks and then the next at ten and a half (it was a blighted ovum).  and im preg agian, five weeks and 4 days.  after my first mc we wanted to wait a bit, and then semi started to try agian at 3 months, got preg then next month.  after the past mc i only wanted to wait one cycle, and i got pregant that next cycle. so just one period since the loss.  i think your safe to try if thats what you want. i know lots of woman who ahd a loss and then would get pregnant before even getting another period and have a healthy baby.

good luck!

MrZBurgos
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:37 PM
I was 5 weeks & 11 weeks. I want a sibling 4 my daughter & I'm only getting older. Thank you, ur story is reassuring!
sdsrusso
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I had my 1st MC 23 March and was about 7ish weeks. We were told we could start trying afterour first cycle. We got pregnant again.after the 2 nd cycle, unfortunately we lost that baby at 11.5 weeks. I was told by my new ob as soon as the bleeding stopped we could try again. We did and surprisingly we got pregnant right away before my first cycle. I am now 8 weeks 3 days. Gl to you in whatever you decide. Also both MC 's were natural, no meds or D and C. I have heard that it is best to wait a couple cycles if you had a d and c.
Sorry for your loss and I wish you the best in your ttc journey.
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Nobody told me anything... The on call dr at the hospital was great, she told me in about 3 months I would feel able to try, and dads can take a little longer. But nobody said I should wait a certain length of time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN