Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How will you cope with loss through holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
  • 34 Replies

How do you cope with the loss(es) of your angel(s) through the holiday season?  Do you/will you just ignore the holiday season?  Will you or have you done family traditions that include your angel(s)?  Do you/will you get something for your angel to remember through the holidays?  How is your holiday season through grief or how do you anticipate it being?

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I'm hoping to get a ornament for Isabelle to put on the tree but not sure where to look yet. And an idea I heard of once was if you had a stocking for your angel to write letters (your young kids can draw pictures or write letters also) to your angel every year.  And on Christmas day read through it all every year.  I thought that was a great idea and it can help siblings with their loss as well.

sosad23
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Me and my husband would have had a baby around the end of January. I was thinking of getting one of those mini stockings to put on our tree in memory of our baby. Even though we lost our baby i still want to include him in everything.  Im really sorry for your loss.

Kwoods912
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I bought a few personalized ornaments for Jackson to put on the tree. Check out etsy.com and personalizationmall.com. Also going to get a small stocking with a "J" on it so I know he's present during the holiday season also. Xoxo
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM

That sounds like a neat thing.  I feel the same way.  Thank you, I'm sorry for your loss as well.

Quoting sosad23:

Me and my husband would have had a baby around the end of January. I was thinking of getting one of those mini stockings to put on our tree in memory of our baby. Even though we lost our baby i still want to include him in everything.  Im really sorry for your loss.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I was wondering where to look, I'll have to check those websites out.  Thanks for letting us know.  I want to get a stocking too but personalized.  I'm sure he we'll be present with you and is always with you in spirit :)

Quoting Kwoods912:

I bought a few personalized ornaments for Jackson to put on the tree. Check out etsy.com and personalizationmall.com. Also going to get a small stocking with a "J" on it so I know he's present during the holiday season also. Xoxo

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Crappy! Thats how I imagaine it!! We are going to give our girls the holidays, but if it were up to hubby and I we would bury our heads in the sand and forget it. But I do want ot get ordaments for my angels. Its going to be really, really hard because Ryder should be almost 1 and I should be due in 4 weeks with Neveah at Christmas.... It really, REALLY sucks having to angels on the same day and 3 days after my birthday and a month after Christmas.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
nmartin15
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I would've been due right around christmas with the twins I lost in an early MC in May. So not sure how I wll be during the holidays.I do have my little 2 year old though to celebrate with so going to try to keep my mood up as much as possible. Thinking about getting an ornament with two tiny angels together to put on our tree. My hubby doesnt really acknowledge the loss much, at least not out lolud, so not sure I will tell him what the ornament is even for, but want something.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Thats a really cool idea! I will have to talk to hubby about it.

Try Things Remembered, I use to work ther and they have some really cool ordaments every year and you can get them engraved. I think Hallmark also does some personalized  things.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

I'm hoping to get a ornament for Isabelle to put on the tree but not sure where to look yet. And an idea I heard of once was if you had a stocking for your angel to write letters (your young kids can draw pictures or write letters also) to your angel every year.  And on Christmas day read through it all every year.  I thought that was a great idea and it can help siblings with their loss as well.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

*Hugs*  I can only imagine what it would be with 2 angels.  It is hard enough sometimes with just one.  The hardest for me is looking at Christmas outfiits.  I have always wanted to have a daughter and get her beautiful Christmas dresses.  My oldest goes to his dad's for Christmas so we just have the younger one so it will be depressing so we hope we can keep it together as well.

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

Crappy! Thats how I imagaine it!! We are going to give our girls the holidays, but if it were up to hubby and I we would bury our heads in the sand and forget it. But I do want ot get ordaments for my angels. Its going to be really, really hard because Ryder should be almost 1 and I should be due in 4 weeks with Neveah at Christmas.... It really, REALLY sucks having to angels on the same day and 3 days after my birthday and a month after Christmas.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that you don't seem to get the acknowledgment and support you need from your DH.  I know what you mean about needing an ornament.  Its a way to acknowledge they would have been in your family and they will still be in your heart each holiday.

Quoting nmartin15:

I would've been due right around christmas with the twins I lost in an early MC in May. So not sure how I wll be during the holidays.I do have my little 2 year old though to celebrate with so going to try to keep my mood up as much as possible. Thinking about getting an ornament with two tiny angels together to put on our tree. My hubby doesnt really acknowledge the loss much, at least not out lolud, so not sure I will tell him what the ornament is even for, but want something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN