Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How Long Is The Bleeding Supposed to Last?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM
  • 8 Replies

It'll be three weeks on Wednesday since I passed the sac. I'm not constantly bleeding anymore, its very sporadic and its always dark blood. Thick, sometimes.

Is this okay? I'm not cramping anymore, just dark spotting. I'd rather not go to the dr unless I have to, they seem very pushy about doing medical stuff...cytotech to 'make sure' or something and I just don't feel right about it unless I have to.

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM

The thing is sometimes if you bleed too much and too long you can either hemorrhage or get an infection if stuff is still in there.  So if you really don't want to go to the doctor I'd say wait one more week but if you are still bleeding I would go and let them check you to make sure everything is out.  Because really for your health you want everything out asap after you MC.  *Hugs*

KenzieQsMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I definitely don't want to risk my health. My dr would charge an arm and a leg and TTC wouldn't happen for a very long time for a whole other reason so going there is the LAST thing I want to do. I'm just scared. I only get a few drops a day now, so I don't know if that means its almost done...or what.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

The thing is sometimes if you bleed too much and too long you can either hemorrhage or get an infection if stuff is still in there.  So if you really don't want to go to the doctor I'd say wait one more week but if you are still bleeding I would go and let them check you to make sure everything is out.  Because really for your health you want everything out asap after you MC.  *Hugs*

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM

It could be almost done.  I hope it is for you.  *hugs*

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I definitely don't want to risk my health. My dr would charge an arm and a leg and TTC wouldn't happen for a very long time for a whole other reason so going there is the LAST thing I want to do. I'm just scared. I only get a few drops a day now, so I don't know if that means its almost done...or what.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

KenzieQsMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Thanks, me too. I just asked an old friend, who's dad is a dr, and hopefully she can shed some light.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

It could be almost done.  I hope it is for you.  *hugs*

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

meganivee
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I have bleeding for 3 weeks as well and now it is brown and sporadic. I am still getting my blood drawn to test for HCG levels because they have not been down to zero yet. I have thought about asking the doctor about bleeding for so long.
KenzieQsMommy
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I'm debating whether or not to suck it up and go in for the blood draws. The dr I asked said to go with my gut. If I feel fine, I probably am. I just want this over with. If you ask your dr, will you share the answer with me? I'd appreciate it

Quoting meganivee:

I have bleeding for 3 weeks as well and now it is brown and sporadic. I am still getting my blood drawn to test for HCG levels because they have not been down to zero yet. I have thought about asking the doctor about bleeding for so long.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM
That actually sounds like very normal bleeding to me. I bled for 26 days, and I had a D&E... Which they said I would bleed for just a couple says most likely since they pretty much "clean you out while they are in there" I would expect a little more with a natural miscarriage. I got my period on day 30, then every 28 days after that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I also wanted to add that if something were left inside, not only would your bleeding be heavier, you would also have signs of infection.. Such as fever, foul odor, tender, achy, bloating, headache, etc. I think you would probably also have some instinct that "something just isn't right" kinda thing.

So how are you doing btw?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)