Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

a question about my angel (sensitive photo)

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 23 Replies

This is the first photo I have shared of my baby.  I just count on you ladies so much, I think I need to share.  But I also wanted to know if her head looks normal compared to your babies.  I know many of you ladies lost little ones between 15-20ish weeks.  Lily was 17-19 weeks and her body was warm, soft, her skin was a little rubbery/sticky and her limbs, body, and face was firm to the touch, but the back of her head was liquidy.  When I held her with my fingers against the back of her head it would kinda push the fluid up as you can see in the second photo.  The first photo is when I held her, kinda cupping the back of her head.  It has just kind of been nagging me in the back of my mind, her head felt too smushy compared to the rest of her.  I have seen many of your photos, and many others on line and none seem to have that problem.   Here is my Lily Rose. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I can't answer your question but just wanted to say thanks for sharing your angel with us. I hope you get your answer. Sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I'm sorry for the heartbreak you are experiencing. Maybe it felt that way because she was still developing. You have a beautiful angel. I'll pray for you and your family. My thoughts are with you and your sweet lily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I had a very early loss so I can't answer your question sorry.  But you have a beautiful angel and thank you for sharing her picture with us.

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I am not sure. Unfortunately I didnt take full body pictures of my son and I sadly cant remember it all. I think it is normal though, their little bones are still so soft and fragile
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM

She is so adorable and beautiful.  I know there is a condition called Enencephaly that is similar to Anencephaly but they have a skull but mostly just fluid where the brain is.  That was what was poping up in my mind when you were describing how her head felt and when I saw her head in the pictures.  But Isabelle was full term and had Anencephaly so I'm not sure, it could very well be normal for that gestational age.  Was Lily tested for a NTD(Neural tube defect)?

Devious103102
by Priscilla on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

She's beautiful.   I think it may just have to do with the fact that her skull wasn't fully formed/was still soft because she was still developing.

nmartin15
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

so beautful and so sorry that this is troubling you. I lost early but would think that it may just be due to her age. Maybe not fully developed yet but not sure.

JaLayah
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:30 AM
I lost my son at 25 weeks 1 day so his bones had already started to harden. I think it's probably normal because she was still developing. The skull is one of the last things to harden. Sorry for your loss.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't think they did.  I am going to ask everything when I go for my follow up at the end of the month.  Its just been kinda bothering me.  Everytime I look at the photos I zero in that and it worries me.  Thanks for caring.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

She is so adorable and beautiful.  I know there is a condition called Enencephaly that is similar to Anencephaly but they have a skull but mostly just fluid where the brain is.  That was what was poping up in my mind when you were describing how her head felt and when I saw her head in the pictures.  But Isabelle was full term and had Anencephaly so I'm not sure, it could very well be normal for that gestational age.  Was Lily tested for a NTD(Neural tube defect)?

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Thank you for sharing, she is beautiful. What you are describing is how Avery felt. Actually I was quite surprised at how sticky his skin felt. I do see what you are saying about the back of Lilys head. Avery's head did not look like that. It looks like a pocket of fluid, I can see. Is that something that would indicate the genetic mutation your bf carries? On the other hand though, Lily was a bit farther along than Avery, he was 16 weeks...so it's also possible that his head could have changed in the next couple weeks as part if the development process?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)