Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

a question about my angel (sensitive photo)

Posted by   + Show Post

This is the first photo I have shared of my baby.  I just count on you ladies so much, I think I need to share.  But I also wanted to know if her head looks normal compared to your babies.  I know many of you ladies lost little ones between 15-20ish weeks.  Lily was 17-19 weeks and her body was warm, soft, her skin was a little rubbery/sticky and her limbs, body, and face was firm to the touch, but the back of her head was liquidy.  When I held her with my fingers against the back of her head it would kinda push the fluid up as you can see in the second photo.  The first photo is when I held her, kinda cupping the back of her head.  It has just kind of been nagging me in the back of my mind, her head felt too smushy compared to the rest of her.  I have seen many of your photos, and many others on line and none seem to have that problem.   Here is my Lily Rose. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
sbarg
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I don't know either but my DD was born at 25 weeks and I know that their skull is not fully formed at that point. It is still very soft and in the NICU they have to rotate them often to keep their skull from being molded flat. My dd has a very narrow elongated head because of this. 

I can imagine that as quickly as things develop in utero that almost ten weeks earlier that the skull would be very soft. I would definately ask though and do all of the testing that you can. It is better to know everything possible IMO. 

Lily was a beautiful girl. My losses have been very early 5 & 6 weeks but they were a part of us and every bit babies to me.  I can only imagine the heartbreak that you feel. I am so terribly sorry.  I talk about my losses all the time. I even named them. I planted a weeping willow tree in my backyard to remember my babies by. I chose it because I can't go on weeping for ever. I have to move forward but it was my way of never forgetting.  I am going to make a stone for the base of it and get a capsule for my pregnancy tests. I just can't bear to burry them yet. 

doodlebopfan
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM

What a beautiful, sweet, precious baby girl. Thank you for sharing.

lunarmamma
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM
She's beautiful, thank you for sharing your angel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lady317
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

She is so beautiful and so perfect... thank you for sharing. What an angel, she brought tears to my eyes.

debbie303
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I LOST MY BEAUTIFUL AUGUSTO JESUS AT 19WK4DAYS, AND YES HIS HEAD WAS THE SAME WAY.

I WAS ABLE TO FEEL HIS BONES, AND SKULL WAS NOT FUSED BECAUSE OF EARLY GESTATION. HE WAS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY JUST LIKE UR ANGEL :) THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

1moretolove
by Beverly on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM
She was beautiful. I work in ob and most losses I have cared for have this happen. I'm sorry, I believe it has to do with the process after they pass away. The earlier they are or the longer it is that they've passed in utero, the more noticeable it is. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Treymama
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Oh she is so beautiful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamasita7176
by Susan on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Lily is absolutely beautiful. It wouldn't hurt to ask, but the skull is the last to harden and fuse (delivery reasons). Also, when my great niece was born, I noticed that about part of her skull too after birth. Her skull is fine now.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Thank you.  This made me feel a little better, just hearing someone who has seen it.  I am still going to ask, but now I feel confident its just "one of those things."

Quoting 1moretolove:

She was beautiful. I work in ob and most losses I have cared for have this happen. I'm sorry, I believe it has to do with the process after they pass away. The earlier they are or the longer it is that they've passed in utero, the more noticeable it is. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Dani41780
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM

She is so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. (HUGS).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN