Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If so, what herbs or supplements are you taking? I have heard that Red Rasberry Leaf tea is a good aid. I will be picking some up at our local organic market.

I decided on some herbs to take. I got a product called Fertility Preg which has Red Raspberry Leaf, Yellow Dock, Nettle Root, and Red Clover Blossom. They are drops that you take 3 times a day in juice or water. I also got B12 and Folic Acid Lozenges, Raspberry Leaf Tea, and the new prenatals that were given to me. I am ready to get this show on the road! lol

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
kbornman21
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:21 AM
My honey said if I pay for it and remind him he'll do it.

We had a loss at 5 weeks back in August.

Quoting EAzizM:

I got Dh fertilaid about a yr ago and he refused to take three pills a day. I am hoping that the loss has made him realize he can do something as minimal as taking 3 pills a day.

Quoting kbornman21:

Ill be trying Fertilaid soon

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Good luck. =) I have heard many good things about it.

And I m sorry for your loss.

Quoting kbornman21:

My honey said if I pay for it and remind him he'll do it.

We had a loss at 5 weeks back in August.

Quoting EAzizM:

I got Dh fertilaid about a yr ago and he refused to take three pills a day. I am hoping that the loss has made him realize he can do something as minimal as taking 3 pills a day.

Quoting kbornman21:

Ill be trying Fertilaid soon

nicoleeoh
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I had once read the same about red raspberry leaf tea & also chasteberry (vitex) & had bought both. Apparently fertilaid contains a lot of the chasteberry & thats whats supposed to make it work so well. I know nothing of that product, I just bought it straight from the natural foods store. However after more reading it seems the red raspberry tea is known to start contractions, a lot of women in their 8th month begin drinking it to start labor & its actually something to avoid in your first trimester! That surprised me but I won't use it based on my many readings on it. & the chasteberry pills are supposed to be great to take b4 & during ovulation, supposed to help make sure u ovulate well which seems to be true but it is also recommended you stop taking that after possible conception. I currently am taking the chasteberry, temping, taking extra folic acid & using OPKs and once I ovulate I will stop all but the folic acid & begin taking baby aspirin & endometrin suppositories until we find out if we got pg or not. Oh I'm also using preseed lubricant this time around. I've been pregnant 5 times without it but those times we weren't trying, just weren't preventing. Any time we did actually "try" & went by the calender of my expected fertile time... we always failed. So I know a few ppl who got pg when ttc while using preseed & figure it can't hurt! I unfortunatly HAVE to try & use OPKs because with endometrin u have to know when u ovulate.
My best advice is to do lots of research. Not only in articles but also find others who actually tried the thing(s) u are wanting to take & asking how it worked for them. Theres so many rumors, wives tales, natural remedies that don't work, natural remedies that do, and some things work for some & not other because obviously not everyones the same & we all have didferent reasons/causes for our losses. Its frustrating I know...TRUST me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:50 AM
I was reading that they recommend you discontinue the raspberry tea after you get your bfp because of the side affects. Ill have to look into the other herb. Thanks. :)

Quoting nicoleeoh:

I had once read the same about red raspberry leaf tea & also chasteberry (vitex) & had bought both. Apparently fertilaid contains a lot of the chasteberry & thats whats supposed to make it work so well. I know nothing of that product, I just bought it straight from the natural foods store. However after more reading it seems the red raspberry tea is known to start contractions, a lot of women in their 8th month begin drinking it to start labor & its actually something to avoid in your first trimester! That surprised me but I won't use it based on my many readings on it. & the chasteberry pills are supposed to be great to take b4 & during ovulation, supposed to help make sure u ovulate well which seems to be true but it is also recommended you stop taking that after possible conception. I currently am taking the chasteberry, temping, taking extra folic acid & using OPKs and once I ovulate I will stop all but the folic acid & begin taking baby aspirin & endometrin suppositories until we find out if we got pg or not. Oh I'm also using preseed lubricant this time around. I've been pregnant 5 times without it but those times we weren't trying, just weren't preventing. Any time we did actually "try" & went by the calender of my expected fertile time... we always failed. So I know a few ppl who got pg when ttc while using preseed & figure it can't hurt! I unfortunatly HAVE to try & use OPKs because with endometrin u have to know when u ovulate.
My best advice is to do lots of research. Not only in articles but also find others who actually tried the thing(s) u are wanting to take & asking how it worked for them. Theres so many rumors, wives tales, natural remedies that don't work, natural remedies that do, and some things work for some & not other because obviously not everyones the same & we all have didferent reasons/causes for our losses. Its frustrating I know...TRUST me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicoleeoh
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:46 AM
No problem :) if you go to the natural foods store for the tea they should also have the chasteberry (vitex) so just ask. Good luck & keep me updated! I'm expecting to get a positive OPK within 3 days now if my cycles normal. Hoping everything goes as expected this month, just the PREPPING for TTC is exhausting. I really don't wanna have to do it all again next month. Not to mention the cost of everything. *fingers crossed*

Quoting EAzizM:

I was reading that they recommend you discontinue the raspberry tea after you get your bfp because of the side affects. Ill have to look into the other herb. Thanks. :)

Quoting nicoleeoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:42 AM
We are, this cycle I used evening primrose oil until ovulation. It is supposed to improve cervical mucous, making it optimal to get the swimmers where they need to go. And of course prenatals
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Have you read anything about vitex throwing off your cycle if you have a normal cycle to begin with? That's what the ladies in the ttc group have said.

Quoting nicoleeoh:

No problem :) if you go to the natural foods store for the tea they should also have the chasteberry (vitex) so just ask. Good luck & keep me updated! I'm expecting to get a positive OPK within 3 days now if my cycles normal. Hoping everything goes as expected this month, just the PREPPING for TTC is exhausting. I really don't wanna have to do it all again next month. Not to mention the cost of everything. *fingers crossed*

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting nicoleeoh:

Blondeleigh
by Leigh on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
We are trying again, after a loss at 14 weeks last month.
Hugs to all
luvbeinamommy68
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

you already saw my post! :) my womb wellness tea, vit.b6, vit.b12, prenatal, folic acid, and EPO. the EPO i am stopping after i O this cycle. i heard alot about baby aspirin so i am going to pick some up today. i heard that can give extra blood flow to the uterus and then the plencenta once you become pregnant. i have been taking all those since late Aug./begining Sept. trying to get as much as the good stuff in my body as i can before i become pregnant again! i have also done things to help me to as in i lost about 20lbs since i lost my daughter, i have cut about 90% of my caffeine intake, and i am drinking lots and lots more water!!

Wife to Donald for 5 yrs (Annver. 12/30) and mommy to 6!

Hubby comes home Dec. 23rd!! Cant wait!!

Jason 6, Alexis 4 1/2, Catelynn 2 1/2, Ethan 1 1/2 and 2 angels. Baby Fletcher lost to MC 11/13/11 and Makayla lost to premature labor at 24 weeks 5 days 08/17/12 - 08/21/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

You may have left my arms but you will never leave my heart! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
domindy_15
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Could someone explain to me about fertilaid, baby aspirin and chasteberry thanks and does anyone know if anything helps prevent chromosomal abnormalities (ive heard no) and has anyone had a normal pregnancy after a chromosomal abnormal mc?

thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)