Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

If so, what herbs or supplements are you taking? I have heard that Red Rasberry Leaf tea is a good aid. I will be picking some up at our local organic market.

I decided on some herbs to take. I got a product called Fertility Preg which has Red Raspberry Leaf, Yellow Dock, Nettle Root, and Red Clover Blossom. They are drops that you take 3 times a day in juice or water. I also got B12 and Folic Acid Lozenges, Raspberry Leaf Tea, and the new prenatals that were given to me. I am ready to get this show on the road! lol

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
Nee86
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM
We will be trying next month for sure. Right now I'm drinking red raspberry leaf tea because I had surgery on my uterus un August so I'm drinking that to help strength everything again.
EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM
How many times a day do you drink it?

Quoting Nee86:

We will be trying next month for sure. Right now I'm drinking red raspberry leaf tea because I had surgery on my uterus un August so I'm drinking that to help strength everything again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nee86
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Quoting EAzizM:

Normally, 1 to 2 some days more. I've drank it with both pregnancy through out both pregnancy with no problems from it. I like the Yogi tea Mother to be because it has mint in it to help with upset stomachs.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I had my rainbow baby a year ago and currently we're not ttc but I wanted to send tons of baby/sticky dust to all of you who are currently ttc and I hope you all get bfp's soon.

EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Bump for update

purfectlilly
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:14 PM

with my first two losses i was doing all kinds of stuff to be optimal. this time, with my third, i'm not doing anything. i figure that if i have another loss they'll try to figure out what's wrong with me and if not, then i finally get my miracle. i truly just cannot bring myself to do all the stuff from before - diet changes, supplements, stress over every detail. it didn't get me anywhere so i'm just not bothering while we try this time.

Lilly

EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM
I understand. Good luck.

Quoting purfectlilly:

with my first two losses i was doing all kinds of stuff to be optimal. this time, with my third, i'm not doing anything. i figure that if i have another loss they'll try to figure out what's wrong with me and if not, then i finally get my miracle. i truly just cannot bring myself to do all the stuff from before - diet changes, supplements, stress over every detail. it didn't get me anywhere so i'm just not bothering while we try this time.

nicoleeoh
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM
This is only my 2nd month on it, I was a few days late last cycle so perhaps it does? But I did ovulate good & long last cycle as well. I sure hope it doesn't throw off my schedule, I'm dying to hurry up & ovulate!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Have you read anything about vitex throwing off your cycle if you have a normal cycle to begin with? That's what the ladies in the ttc group have said.

Quoting nicoleeoh:

No problem :) if you go to the natural foods store for the tea they should also have the chasteberry (vitex) so just ask. Good luck & keep me updated! I'm expecting to get a positive OPK within 3 days now if my cycles normal. Hoping everything goes as expected this month, just the PREPPING for TTC is exhausting. I really don't wanna have to do it all again next month. Not to mention the cost of everything. *fingers crossed*

Quoting EAzizM:

I was reading that they recommend you discontinue the raspberry tea after you get your bfp because of the side affects. Ill have to look into the other herb. Thanks. :)

Quoting nicoleeoh:

I had once read the same about red raspberry leaf tea & also chasteberry (vitex) & had bought both. Apparently fertilaid contains a lot of the chasteberry & thats whats supposed to make it work so well. I know nothing of that product, I just bought it straight from the natural foods store. However after more reading it seems the red raspberry tea is known to start contractions, a lot of women in their 8th month begin drinking it to start labor & its actually something to avoid in your first trimester! That surprised me but I won't use it based on my many readings on it. & the chasteberry pills are supposed to be great to take b4 & during ovulation, supposed to help make sure u ovulate well which seems to be true but it is also recommended you stop taking that after possible conception. I currently am taking the chasteberry, temping, taking extra folic acid & using OPKs and once I ovulate I will stop all but the folic acid & begin taking baby aspirin & endometrin suppositories until we find out if we got pg or not. Oh I'm also using preseed lubricant this time around. I've been pregnant 5 times without it but those times we weren't trying, just weren't preventing. Any time we did actually "try" & went by the calender of my expected fertile time... we always failed. So I know a few ppl who got pg when ttc while using preseed & figure it can't hurt! I unfortunatly HAVE to try & use OPKs because with endometrin u have to know when u ovulate.
My best advice is to do lots of research. Not only in articles but also find others who actually tried the thing(s) u are wanting to take & asking how it worked for them. Theres so many rumors, wives tales, natural remedies that don't work, natural remedies that do, and some things work for some & not other because obviously not everyones the same & we all have didferent reasons/causes for our losses. Its frustrating I know...TRUST me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I have heard it can make your luteal phase longer, which is a good thing. That might explain the late period.

Quoting nicoleeoh:

This is only my 2nd month on it, I was a few days late last cycle so perhaps it does? But I did ovulate good & long last cycle as well. I sure hope it doesn't throw off my schedule, I'm dying to hurry up & ovulate!

Quoting Angela4boys:

Have you read anything about vitex throwing off your cycle if you have a normal cycle to begin with? That's what the ladies in the ttc group have said.

Quoting nicoleeoh:

No problem :) if you go to the natural foods store for the tea they should also have the chasteberry (vitex) so just ask. Good luck & keep me updated! I'm expecting to get a positive OPK within 3 days now if my cycles normal. Hoping everything goes as expected this month, just the PREPPING for TTC is exhausting. I really don't wanna have to do it all again next month. Not to mention the cost of everything. *fingers crossed*

Quoting EAzizM:

I was reading that they recommend you discontinue the raspberry tea after you get your bfp because of the side affects. Ill have to look into the other herb. Thanks. :)

Quoting nicoleeoh:

I had once read the same about red raspberry leaf tea & also chasteberry (vitex) & had bought both. Apparently fertilaid contains a lot of the chasteberry & thats whats supposed to make it work so well. I know nothing of that product, I just bought it straight from the natural foods store. However after more reading it seems the red raspberry tea is known to start contractions, a lot of women in their 8th month begin drinking it to start labor & its actually something to avoid in your first trimester! That surprised me but I won't use it based on my many readings on it. & the chasteberry pills are supposed to be great to take b4 & during ovulation, supposed to help make sure u ovulate well which seems to be true but it is also recommended you stop taking that after possible conception. I currently am taking the chasteberry, temping, taking extra folic acid & using OPKs and once I ovulate I will stop all but the folic acid & begin taking baby aspirin & endometrin suppositories until we find out if we got pg or not. Oh I'm also using preseed lubricant this time around. I've been pregnant 5 times without it but those times we weren't trying, just weren't preventing. Any time we did actually "try" & went by the calender of my expected fertile time... we always failed. So I know a few ppl who got pg when ttc while using preseed & figure it can't hurt! I unfortunatly HAVE to try & use OPKs because with endometrin u have to know when u ovulate.
My best advice is to do lots of research. Not only in articles but also find others who actually tried the thing(s) u are wanting to take & asking how it worked for them. Theres so many rumors, wives tales, natural remedies that don't work, natural remedies that do, and some things work for some & not other because obviously not everyones the same & we all have didferent reasons/causes for our losses. Its frustrating I know...TRUST me.
nicoleeoh
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:21 AM
Yeah I believe its good, I'm a lil concerned cuz I'm cd13 & still getting neg OPKs. & no symptoms of ovulation yet :( boo. I'm impatient. I hate the agony of these OPKs. Ahh the fun of ttc :p

Quoting EAzizM:

I have heard it can make your luteal phase longer, which is a good thing. That might explain the late period.

Quoting nicoleeoh:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Quoting nicoleeoh:

Quoting EAzizM:

Quoting nicoleeoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN