Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

First period

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM
  • 7 Replies
I'm wondering what the first period after your miscarriages was like. I've read that it will usually be very heavy with lots of cramps. However, I started bleeding Wednesday night and it has been incredibly light. Usually I only notice it when I wipe or there might be a few drops on a pad. I've also had no cramps. I miscarried October 17 and bled for about a week after and this is the first anything has happened since then. I'm not sure if this is normal and I'm not even completely sure that it is actually my period and not something else such as spotting with implantation. Thanks for your input.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Blondeleigh
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I miscarried oct 5, bled for 2 weeks.af showed up 5 weeks later. Then bled for 8 days. Mine was extremely heavy.
Hugs, we've started trying again this month. Good luck.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Sometimes your periods after MC can be a little weird after mc.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM

After a loss your periods can be kinda whacky for a few months. If your thinking there is a chance you could be pg again I would take a test to be on the safe side.

Duenov30
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I had my d&c oct 15 I bled that day and spotted on and off for 3 weeks I started my period yesterday and its was so light yesterday but crampy and today it's crampy and pretty freaking heavy. My period after my first d&c was also incredibly heavy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Treasure43
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM

My first period post m/c was incredibly light as well. The second one was slightly heavier and my last one was back to normal. Every woman's body is different.

jessica11r
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Mine have all been just like a normal perio for me. I have ha three losses. They were all around 5-6 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM
With my first and second loss, my period was normal and exactly on schedule. After my last loss Sept 7th, I still haven't had a period really. Just some bloody smears when I wipe for like two days around the time of my period. I am going to see my OB at the end of the month to see about this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN