Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Saying Goodbye

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM
  • 8 Replies
Today we bury our little angel. He will forever be in our hearts. There was nothing more sad though than watching my husband carve our sons name into a tiny casket last night. I am grateful for the closure but this won't be an easy day.
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM

*Hugs*  I hope its peaceful for you.  The day we took our daughters remains and place them at the cemetery was sad and hard but thankfully peaceful.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Hugs.  I hope this brings you a small measure of peace.  I know going to Lily's grave makes me feel a little better.  I think I was in shock the day I buried her, because I barely remember it and I regret not putting her name on her box and I regret not adding anything to her box like photos or letters.  Hugs honey and I pray for peace for you today.

mommyofnoah208
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Thinking of you today
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:12 PM
We didn't know what to add either. A friend of mine gave us a tiny guardian angel holding a baby when we first found out we were pregnant so we put that in the box.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I think that is wonderful.  An angel to help the little one get to Heaven.  Add a family photo of you and Daddy.  Or maybe a special blanket, or an outfit you bought.  My mom made Lily a full nursury set with little owls and polka dots, so she made a tiny blanket in the same material and we wrapped Lily in that so she could sleep forever in her Nana Blanket.  I just wish I would have done more and more. 

Quoting Zealand2008:

We didn't know what to add either. A friend of mine gave us a tiny guardian angel holding a baby when we first found out we were pregnant so we put that in the box.

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I think that is wonderful.  An angel to help the little one get to Heaven.  Add a family photo of you and Daddy.  Or maybe a special blanket, or an outfit you bought.  My mom made Lily a full nursury set with little owls and polka dots, so she made a tiny blanket in the same material and we wrapped Lily in that so she could sleep forever in her Nana Blanket.  I just wish I would have done more and more. 

Quoting Zealand2008:We didn't know what to add either. A friend of mine gave us a tiny guardian angel holding a baby when we first found out we were pregnant so we put that in the box.

That's so sweet. They have a little blanket in there. I didn't buy any outfits or anything for the nursery yet. I was waiting until I hit the 2nd trimester. I was almost there. I bought a little silver baby ring with 6 emeralds on it which would have been his birthstone. I will wear that to remember him always. We are also going to buy a little bootie Christmas ornament for the tree this year.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

((hugs))

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Aww, thinking of you ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN