Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

D&C over... home recovering...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

Had the D&C done at 10 today. I was super nervous about the anestheisa but the nurses and anesthesiologist were great.

When I woke up I was super nauseaous and just keep asking for husbad, who they finally let come in.

I actually don't have much cramping and very little pain. The only time it really hurts is when I pee (tmi) and I have a "dull" ache in that area but it's tolerable. My husband went out and got me soup, crackers, popsicles, and ginger ale, and rented magic mike. He's been so wonderful.

The nurses said the Doctor with let me know what the sex was after the pathology report. That was the only thing I really stressed that I really wanted to know. I need to know so I can have closure to the situation. Being under anestheisa was kind of trip. They put the mask on, I took 2 deep breaths, and don't remember a thing after that until recovery.

I feel a huge sense of relief. Thank you all of you for going through this with me.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM

glad you are home.  I hope your path report gives you the closure you need.  Prayers for a quick recovery

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Aww Hun, I am so glad you are finally getting closure, and are able to recover. My recovery was very easy, sounds like yours is going that way too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I am glad you are getting the closure you need and i am glad the d&c went well. Have a fast recovery! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Glad your home hun and hopefully now you will be able to start on the path to finding some closure.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Glad it went well.

nicoelynn
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I Hope you get the closure that you want and need . I wish none of us have to go through any of the heart ache or the pain my heart goes out to you feel better!!!!!!! ok.

Zealand2008
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:13 AM
So glad you were finally able to get that done.
Mamasita7176
by Susan on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Glad you can finally begin to heal!

purfectlilly
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:06 PM

take good care of yourself and get well.

Lilly

KenzieQsMommy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:48 PM
I was just wondering about you. Glad you got it over with, hugs mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)