Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Trying to figure out my feelings

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
About 2 weeks ago my sister, she just turned 21, told me she is pregnant. She understands this is painful for me and that I am truly happy for her. But I can't help think of all the milestones she'll hit in her pregnancy and the jealousy I will feel. She didnt plan to get pregnant, she's still in school, doesn't have a great job, and lives with my mom. I just kind of feel like I'm being kicked when I am down. I know it's not about me but she is my sister and I can't just remove myself from this. I'm totally supportive of her and want to be there for her, even though it kills me a little inside. Wish I didn't feel this way, but I do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

*Hugs*  I'm sorry.  It can be very confusing when its family and you want to be happy for them but your still hurting and wish "why not me too."

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I lost our baby in June, in July I go to my moms in CA, and find out my sister is pregnant. Like you, my sister is 21, lives with my mom, not in school but has a great job... Which she quits cause she wants to be a stay at home mom... Mind you she isn't married and her boyfriend, who lives with his mom makes $10 an hour. My sister tells me that she is scared about the pregnancy, and don't tell mom but she got pregnant the weekend they were using ecstasy, and she smokes marajuanna heavily. Oh, and also don't tell mom, but I went off my birth control she thought I was using.

I am happy for her, I really am, and I hope this baby changes her life...but here I am, married, live a clean life, all about being a mom, and my baby dies. I worry about her baby, my sister is very self centered...but I understand this is Gods plan, I have no business questioning it.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs honey. I am in the same boat. My cousin is 21 and due 3 days after I was due with Lily. I am happy for her, but also jealous and sad its not me. My life is pretty much together and ready for a baby-hers not so much. I am sorry you are going through this. I know its gonna be hard, just hang in there and try to enjoy the good times and grieve when you need to.
mommyofnoah208
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry :( that is so rough when you are in that situation. Praying for strength during all of this and that it wont be too difficult for you
LilysMommy813
by Heather on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:59 AM
Thanks everyone, it sucks because I want a baby so bad. I think holidays are going to be harder than expected, not only will I be without my babies, seeing her growing belly and everyone pouring over her might be a little more than hard to not get jealous. I just wish the timing were better so I didn't have this jealous little voice in the back of my head wishing I could also be pregnant and happy
shortycmlb
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:02 AM

*hugs* I was in the april group with you :/ My neighbor was due 4 days after i was, and seeing her and her growing belly just kills me a little bit more and more :/ 

krunchykorn
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:06 AM
My aunty is due on my due date... i understand! I would be announcing my pregnancy this week.. but every time i think of it just shake it off literally i shake my body and try to forget
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN