Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

my first miscarriage and freaked out.

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 15 Replies
So I think I had a miscarriage this morning.

I found out I was pregnant October 5th just from taking two home tests. I started spotting brownish blood a week later but it didn't last even an hour. Over the last 5 weeks I have had random spotting again not lasting long.

Saturday I began spotting bright red and it never stopped or got any worse but this morning I woke up at 3:30 am with what felt like contractions ever few minutes. I ended up passing a lot of blood and black slimy stuff and small clots.

This lasted 3 hours, ever since then it feels and looks like a heavy period.

I am pretty sure I have miscarried and pray the worst was over as the pain was unmanageable.

I haven't been to a dr. Yet this whole time, I have had two healthy babies and never went in till around 8 or 9 weeks with either of them.

Does this sound like a miscarriage? Do you think it will get horribly painful again?

Obviously if bleeding worsens or other problems persist I will seek medical help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM
It does sound like a miscarriage. I never go to the doctor until around 12 weeks, so I understand there. You really should at least call the doctor and let them know what's up. Because you just never know for sure.

I bled really hard with clots with my third, and he is almost 8 now.
GreenAndLean
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Thanks, my concern is the 3 hours of contractions and the cramping and period like bleeding I have been having all day though =(

Quoting Angela4boys:

It does sound like a miscarriage. I never go to the doctor until around 12 weeks, so I understand there. You really should at least call the doctor and let them know what's up. Because you just never know for sure.

I bled really hard with clots with my third, and he is almost 8 now.

Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM
You should really see a doctor. If it is s miscarriage you want to make sure everything came out.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  I would call your doctor and get seen to make sure you passed everything and your hcg levels are going down.  If you bleed more than 1 pad an hour is when you should go to the er.  *Hugs*

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I am sorry, it does sound like a miscarriage. I really think you should have a checkup to make sure everything passed and there isnt any problem because you can get an infection. Thinking of you
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I am sorry, but it does sound like a miscarriage, but there is no way to know without a doctor comfirming. You could wait a few weeks and then take another HPT..it should be negative with in a month or so. Honestly I would call the doc because why put yourself through this if you are still pregnant. Hoping this works for you, if not we are all here for you honey.
GreenAndLean
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Thanks I plan to call and talk to someone. This has become like a normal period though and the bleeding is still heavy with cramping. I understand what everyone is saying but I don't think its a good idea to get my hopes up.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I am sorry, but it does sound like a miscarriage, but there is no way to know without a doctor comfirming. You could wait a few weeks and then take another HPT..it should be negative with in a month or so. Honestly I would call the doc because why put yourself through this if you are still pregnant. Hoping this works for you, if not we are all here for you honey.

JocelynsMama1
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM

i miscarried before my first appointment as well...i was 8 weeks when i found out i was miscarrying....im so sorry but it does sound like a miscarriage and you need to make an appointment with a dr just to make sure and make sure everything came out

debbie303
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:50 PM

love you signif you did have a miscarriage, your best bet for yourself is to go your Dr asap. if everything wasn't expelled completely you may end up with an infection. take care and good luck. 

GreenAndLean
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM
I called and spoke to a nurse they don't think I need to come in unless the bleeding doesn't slow or stop within a week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)