Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I found a friend

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today I met a woman who touched my heart.  At work today a customer (who I've known for a while) really opened up to me and my mom (who works with me).  She was asking my mom about why my brother and me are 12 years apart.  Well this turned into a fertility talk.  Basically due to a botched c-section she is unable to have more children.  And her youngest daughter was suposed to be a twin, but the other baby died.  Now she is considering invetro with a surrogent mother.  I found myself telling her about Lily and it touched me when she teared up and kept saying she was so sorry.  Also her older daughter (out of the mouth of babes) told me "there used to be another baby, but that baby wasn't healthy so we have to be even more thankful for my sissy"  I know being thankful for our living children doesn't mean mc doesn't hurt, but that little girl reminded me not to shut down and be bitter.  And me and the lady talked about how horrible that things like miscarriage and infertility are dirty little secrets.  Sorry I am rambling ladies, I just really felt the warm fuzzies talking to this lady today... as much as I love you ladies, I want a living breathing person who I can look in the face and say "please understand"

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyofnoah208
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM
:) so wonderful! So glad you made that connection today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:39 PM

That is so great.  I'm glad you found someone who can understand :)

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:01 AM
That's really awesome. And children are so precious and innocent!

No hard feelings about it either ;)
Zealand2008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM
You are right that it seems like a dirty little secret. No one talks about it. When we had to tell people we lost the baby I would say 90% had lost at least one too and we never knew. Why is it such a secret? I've been thinking of starting a support group here.
LilysMommy813
by Heather on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I'm happy you found a tangible connection, it's almost a relief when someone acknowledges how difficult miscarriage and infant loss is.
You said the little girl reminded you not to be bitter and I too have to remind myself and I love this quote and I wanted to share it with you

"She wasn't bitter. She was sad though, it was a hopeful kind of sad. The kind of sad that just takes time"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN