Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Just needed to vent! *Sensitive topic mentioned*

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM
  • 16 Replies

Someone in my DD group had an abortion a few days ago.  She was about 16 weeks along.  I am sick about this and I know how many of us struggle with infertility/miscarriages, so it is very heavy on my heart tonight!  :(  Sorry...just needed to vent!  Good night and I pray that God heals your broken heart and blesses you with a beautiful baby very soon!  HUGS! 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:23 AM
How horrible. I am sorry. Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:52 AM
I think I saw that post, it came up on my mobile dashboard. ( I don't know why, I get posts that are from groups I am not in?) at the point I saw it, she had just posted, there were no replies... I was sort of scratching my head about it. I could imagine a post like that in Mom Confessions... Also a group I am not in... But on a pregnancy board? I am sorry :(. I lost Avery at 16 weeks, he was fully formed, so I just can't understand the mentality of it all. Losing him was devistating for me, I can't imagine doing it by choice. And she was saying how relieved she was?? If its the same post I read.

Quoting newmom2be08:

Someone in my DD group had an abortion a few days ago.  She was about 16 weeks along.  I am sick about this and I know how many of us struggle with infertility/miscarriages, so it is very heavy on my heart tonight!  :(  Sorry...just needed to vent!  Good night and I pray that God heals your broken heart and blesses you with a beautiful baby very soon!  HUGS! 

Harleysmom213
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:09 AM

that's aweful. i am personally against abortion, but prochoice for rape. i hate the fact that people don't take responsibility for their actions. it's not the baby's fault, it's thier own. and the fact that so many of us go through a miscarriage only to hear that someone just killed thier child, it's unbearable. and it angers me.

yperez0209
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I'm sorry, that's terrible. Abortion doesn't just affect the baby, it affects everyone. She may not get it now but that's a wound that she will carry forever. And if and when she realizes the severity of what she did, she will need support. So many women have abortions to then suffer tremendously. they think the 'problem' has been taken care of when you can't just get rid of a soul. It may be hard almost impossible not to judge her but pray that you don't because none of us are perfect, granted what she did was serious, but that doesn't give us the right to judge her either. She will suffer, this will not just go away.

At the very least have peace in knowing the baby is much better than all of us, he is in heaven. And she will have to look at him one day.

newmom2be08
by Sarah on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:42 AM
It just was very disturbing because many of us supported her and yes, she was raped. I know that must have been a terrible burden to bear, but it just saddens me to no end that she couldn't deal with it and ended het baby's life...and at 16 weeks when the baby was kicking. I am trying not to judge her, but I just find it disturbing. In the beginning, I told her to give the baby up for an adoption and she said that was NOT an option. No explanation either. Sorry I am posting about this in the first place, but I could barely sleep last night. :(
newmom2be08
by Sarah on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Quoting Angela4boys:

This post was in the pregnancy group too? :(

CafeMom Tickers
Dani41780
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:09 AM

WOW :( I think I know who your talking about I remember hanging around that DDG wheN i thought I was pregnant. I remember her saying she wouldn't. :( :( :(

Angela4boys
by Angela on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Maybe that's where it was, I don't know.

Quoting newmom2be08:

Quoting Angela4boys:

This post was in the pregnancy group too? :(

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Thats just disturbing.  I have a good friend that was raped but she put the baby up for adoption.  In fact she actually let her aunt adopt the baby.  

debbie303
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I understand where your coming from, the idea makes me sick on how this happens. But one thing is a fact that women have the choice of doing this. I for one, would not make that choice, but everyone is different.  It sounds cruel but no ones knows the big picture behind a womans choice.  I feel we have no place to judge, but thats my own opinion. 

Yes i am against abortion, but if it was a women because she was raped or the baby had life threating disabiltites or some outrageous reason that the women or child was in danger then that maybe something different. (((((hugs))))) to every person that make any desicion how wonderful or dificult it may be!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN