Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Due date approaching...just wanna cry

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

My due date is coming up...i feel like I can't take the pain. Christmas is normally my favorite part of the year. I feel like i need to go on medication. I haven't been on here in a few months cause I was worried that it was just a constant reminder, but I have no one to talk to, and dad is currently living in another state. How did everyone deal with this? Has anyone found a pill that will just let me forget or not feel anything? I know that it doesn't exist. Suggestions?

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaBoop922
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Im so sorry for your loss :(  Well if you are feeling that down it can really help to go to a counselor or support group.  Many hospitals have them.  Many women on here have sought help and it has gotten them to a better place whether through medication or without it.  More importantly it just takes time.  The pain never fully goes away but with time you do learn to cope and move forward and the first year is always the toughest because you pass so many milestones that you would have during pregnancy and then the one year anniversary of your loss :(  But hang in there it does get better.  we are also here to talk anytime you need it! ((HUGS))

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM

*Hugs*  I'm sorry your in such pain.  There is no magic pill sadly.  But anti-depressants do help.  Counseling can really help as well.  I know sometimes are instincts are to hold it in but its really better to let it out to someone.  Otherwise it just gets worse.  I have gone to a local support group too that has also helped me tremendously.

baby7810
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Im sorry. i hope you find someone to talk to even if its a therepist. it really has helped me get through some rough spots. but i haven't reached my original due date yet. ((HUGS))

Treymama
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM

sorry. my thoughts and prayers will be with you this holiday season. Hope peace comes over you. 

rubybabypsychic
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Very sorry for your loss. BIG HUGS i was not due on XMAS but i found out on it or VERY close to it. I know your feeling. XOOX

DS1 18

DS2 17

2 angel babies

TTC#3 6 years

http://www.cafemom.com/home/rubybabypsychic

mommyofnoah208
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry :( i wish there was a magic pill to make it all go away. But maybe talk with your dr about options or referel to a grief counselor or support group. Maybe write to your baby or get something in memory of your baby for Christmas. Thinking of you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I am do sorry :(. I don't think there is a magic pill to make you forget... But, I think going to the doctor and working with them to find one to help get you through, get over the hump, is definitely worthwhile. They also may be able to help you find resources for support groups in your area.

For me, this group was my biggest help. Just knowing I wasn't alone, and everything I was feeling was normal...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I know I'm very early in the process and Friday will be our three week aniversary of when we lost our baby, but I agree with Angela in that this group has helped me in leaps and bounds. Everytime I feel like I'm having a tough moment (and there's been LOTS of them), I log onto cm and talk to other mommas or read some posts and realize that what I'm going through feeling wise is normal and that I'm not alone.

Sometimes we need extra help to get through the rough stuff. I have sought help in the past for other issues and it helped me out so very much. I tell DH every day that who ever invents the magic pill for making it through grief will be a billionaire! All laughs aside, I may hate feeling like this but in a way, I'm glad that I do. I want to be able to feel this. All of it. It's a process, not a pretty one, but a process. All of us have suffered a major loss and not feeling it would be unusual to say the least. I'm so very sorry that you're hurting so bad right now. Hugs to you and we're always here for you.

Quoting Angela4boys:

I am do sorry :(. I don't think there is a magic pill to make you forget... But, I think going to the doctor and working with them to find one to help get you through, get over the hump, is definitely worthwhile. They also may be able to help you find resources for support groups in your area.

For me, this group was my biggest help. Just knowing I wasn't alone, and everything I was feeling was normal...

Lanesmommy26
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I honestly felt like I had to move forward, but always remember what I had, what I lost, and what I hope to one day have again.  Since everyone's road is different, it's hard say what can, should or would help another person, but just know that everyone on here is here to support you and help keep your head above water as your slowly feeling like your sinking!!! I really wish I could make your sadness go away, or that there was a magic pill, but unfortunately pills only the symptoms of depression. I personally don't think they are the answer...but counseling can be really helpful. Of course I am not a doctor and you should do what ever you think is best. I have had a sleep disorder since I was 5. I have had multiple sleep studies and seen doctors and they all say its mis-fire of synapses and therefore I don't enter REM, which leads to my waking up 25 times a night. I refuse to take sleep medication, because I become dependent on it to sleep...then when I stop taking it, my problems are 20times worse then before I took the sleep medication. I have tried vitamins, natural remedies, etc. but nothing ever works. This is why I'm not a big fan of pills to help with an acute, not chronic depression. My mother, grandfather and great grandmother all suffered from severe depression, so they needed medication from young ages. So unless you have battled depression for awhile, even before the miscarriage, then I would say, go seek medical help and get on meds for depression. However, if you were always happy and enjoyed life prior to the miscarriage, than my, very amateur suggestion would be to get counseling help, help from friends and family, before you treat the pain with oral medication!!! Just an average person, who has suffered a great loss like you, offering my suggestions, support and encouragement!! As my grandmother always says to me, "with great sadness and a heavy heart, this too shall pass." 

Devious103102
by Priscilla on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM

(((hugs))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)