Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Hello, I'm new here (long)

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

My name is Heather & I have a 10 y.o. DD & an almost 2 y.o. DS.

My story is very fresh and new.

DH & I got married in 2009. We decided after one month of marriage we would start TTC. We got pregnant 2 mo later. Exactly 1 month after removing my Mirena.

I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks on a Saturday. The following Thursday I got up early to make breakfast for my entire family as I was going to DD's school for a field trip. As we were getting ready to leave, I went to the bathroom and saw blood on my underwear. I immediately started crying and DH checked on me. He told me to go on the field trip and try to relax. The bleeding stopped on the field trip (it was spotting) and I finally relaxed. 24 hours later, I started bleeding heavier than the previous day. Then cramping started. I called DH at work and he took me to the ER. The doc actually accused me of faking a pregnancy since the test didn't show positive right away. He refused lab work or an u/s. I showed the nurse when he left my pics of the pos test and she checked my test there. She came back and informed the doc it took the full 10 min but it showed postive. He did an u/s and said it didn't look ectopic so I could do blood work. That night the cramping and bleeding got bad and I passed several cramps. I assumed I had passed the baby and when we went back for my second round of hcg levels, they dropped. Saw the same ER doc and he was cold. He said "Your levels dropped, you are or have miscarried" I had previously told DH to ask when we could TTC again. When he asked the doc, the docs response was "well that's the GREAT thing about mc's!!! You can TTC RIGHT AWAY!!!" with a smile on his face. I started to charge at him to punch him and DH grabbed me. The doc saw this, cleared his throat and said "so sorry for your loss"

Saw my OB and he suggested waiting 3 cycles. We did and got pregnant on the 5th cycle. I was so excited. DS was born happy and healthy and I knew I wanted to have another child right away but knew I should give my body time to heal.

We decided to TTC last Sept. I got pregnant beginning of October. I chart so I knew I ovulated, when I implanted, and got the pos test two days later which was 11 dpo. Everything went like normal. I was ecstatic. Told DH I was pregnant 5 days later and the kids 2 weeks after that.

A month later (two days before Thanksgiving) I had my first mw appointment. I asked to do an u/s to see the heartbeat and reassure me of things going smoothly. She wasn't able to see anything cause my uterus was tilted so she called in an OB to check. They both swore up and down they could see something but it was difficult to hold the tv u/s still enough for a pic.

I announced on Thanksgiving to the family I was pregnant and everyone was sooo happy!

Exactly a week ago, Friday, I woke up feeling normal m/s. I should have just been shy of 10 weeks. I went to the bathroom and when I wiped, saw bright red blood. I cried. I wiped again. blood. Cried. Wiped again and it seemed to have stopped.

I called Dh to take me to the ER to make sure everything was still okay. We got there and they said that I was still showing pregnant based off the test. We went to get an u/s done and baby  was only measuring at 6 weeks. They *thought* they saw a hb but it was difficult to see anything and I was shaking a this point cause it had been going on for 30 min while they measured my uterus and fallopian tubes. *Babies* hb was 90 bpm. They insisted I was off on my dates and that everything was fine. I told them I knew when I had my LMP, when I ovulated & when I got a pos HPT. I started clotting that night but it wasn't anything substantial.

On Monday I called the office (both OBs and MWs are there) to try and get lab work done since the hospital didn't do any. They tried arguing that it wasn't necessary. As a result I made five phone calls from 10 am to 3 pm before they relented.

The next day I called to get my results. A nurse called back and said "your hcg levels are 11219 and progesterone was 3.54.  congrats, you're pregnant!" I got quiet and she asked if we were wanting the pregnancy. I informed her that we were experiencing a threatened m/c. She then asked how far along I should have been (I can't believe she wasn't reading my file!) and I said 10 weeks.

On Wednesday I went in for my follow up u/s and last draw on hcg levels. The tech was quick. I sat down, she asked me for all the details (again another person not reading my file). She then told me to hop up on the table for an u/s. I told her she would need to do a tv u/s but she said she knew what she was doing. Of course she saw nothing. She moved on to a tv u/s and pointed out the fetal pole & yolk sac. She said I looked fine for a 'just under 6 week fetus' then left. Still no hb able to be seen.

That night I passed some more clots. One was about the size of my pinkie and difficult to squish like the others that were like jelly. I figured it was the baby.

Yesterday was my follow up mw appointment to get my hcg results and discuss the u/s. 30 min before my appointment I started cramping again. DS asked to nurse so I did. He fell asleep and I put him on the couch to leave. When I stood up I felt something, right-there. I went to the bathroom and out slid a large clot the size of a small plum. I knew it was my baby.

I brought it to my appointment to see if she would be able to run any tests on it but she said she couldn't. She told me that they 'did see a hb in the er' (I still don't think they saw anything) but not one at the last ultrasound. She set me up to test my thyroid levels and a follow up u/s to ensure everything passed.

My thyroid levels are normal. U/S is next Wed.

I decided to bury my baby in my MIL's 'Angel Garden' It has statues all over it and a willow tree with a bench underneath. We will bury it on Sunday.

Last night I went to my DDs craft fair at school to keep my mind occupied. There was a card making station and three stamps stood out to me so I knew it was a sign. The card  I made had 'Merry Christmas' on the outside, "I love you' on the inside & a picture of an angel. It's helped me with closure on this.

Sorry so long, but here I am.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your losses :( Thinking of you

Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry for your loss :(. I tell ya, I pretty much have no faith in so called medical professionals. I am sorry you have went through all that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss.  The medical professionals could use a good lesson in love and compassion.  I am happy that you are atleast getting to bury your baby.  And think of it this way, you aren't burying your baby, you are planting him/her so the love will grow and maybe you will get a rainbow.

Also, I know you are not asking medical advice, BUT if your progestrone was only at 3,  3 is way way too low so maybe you could persue that.  Hugs and again, I am sorry.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so very sorry, reading your story definitely brought tears to my eyes. I am sorry that you have had to go through this and am very glad that you found this group. There are several women on here who miscarried or went through a D&C around the same time that you did. This group has helped me out so much. I was horrified to read about your experiences with the ER doc, wow, that was just crazy. That guy definitely shouldn't be there. Well again, glad you're here and so sorry for both of your losses. Plenty of hugs!!

Dani41780
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I am really sorry for your loss :(

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) i'm so sorry hun.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

*Hugs* I'm so sorry for your losses and everything you went through

Sharkgirl7
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Thank you. I was breastfeeding my son while being pregnant and taking 100 mg of B6 every day to try and help with that. Then I got it tested to be sure and we discovered that. I plan on asking to be tested the next time I get pregnant, especially if we are still nursing, to prevent it ever getting that low again.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I am so sorry for your loss.  The medical professionals could use a good lesson in love and compassion.  I am happy that you are atleast getting to bury your baby.  And think of it this way, you aren't burying your baby, you are planting him/her so the love will grow and maybe you will get a rainbow.

Also, I know you are not asking medical advice, BUT if your progestrone was only at 3,  3 is way way too low so maybe you could persue that.  Hugs and again, I am sorry.

purfectlilly
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry ofr your losses. I've lost two as well.

Lilly

debbie303
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

WOW, why in the world would the dr treat u like that. u should file a complaint againist that dr. i would have punched him out also :).... i am sorry that u have to go through all of this ((hugs)) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN