Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support
How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Replies (51-59):
mommyofnoah208
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahh! Happy Birthday!! Sorry you had to do unfun stuff, but enjoy dinner!!

happy birthday

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Today is my birthday!!!  For my birthday I got to cover up 500ft of water pipes at the new (one day maybe) house.  Happy birthday to me... oh wait, I got cheated huh?  Going to dinner without the kids too (my real present)

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy birthday lady!

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Today is my birthday!!!  For my birthday I got to cover up 500ft of water pipes at the new (one day maybe) house.  Happy birthday to me... oh wait, I got cheated huh?  Going to dinner without the kids too (my real present)

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy Birthday!birthday sweetpeaaw I'm sorry.  I hope it ended well at least

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM

No it really didn't.  I feel like a big whiny baby but I just need to vent.  My mom talked to me like 6 different times today and never wished me happy birthday.  My mamaw gave me my card but never actually said happy birthday.  My boyfriend took me out to dinner at a "nice" resturante- nice maybe in the 80's.  We waited for almost an hour to be seated (we were first in line), the food was good (but not $80 good) and not to be too picky but my drinking glass had been wiped with a soured rag, but so had my second glass.  And, ok, someone tell me if I have a reason to be upset here- I know I got an engagement ring on Thanksgiving and I know he took me to dinner, but I didn't get a gift or even a card... I feel so shallow saying that.  Last year I got dinner and some nice gifts all wrapped up.  Wanna know the last time I had a birthday cake?  I think I was 17.  I feel like a spoiled little child, but I am disappointed.  Sorry to talk your ear off, but I am just a little sad.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Aw honey, I'm sorry. I would of made you a cake. I'm an excellent cake maker.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

No it really didn't.  I feel like a big whiny baby but I just need to vent.  My mom talked to me like 6 different times today and never wished me happy birthday.  My mamaw gave me my card but never actually said happy birthday.  My boyfriend took me out to dinner at a "nice" resturante- nice maybe in the 80's.  We waited for almost an hour to be seated (we were first in line), the food was good (but not $80 good) and not to be too picky but my drinking glass had been wiped with a soured rag, but so had my second glass.  And, ok, someone tell me if I have a reason to be upset here- I know I got an engagement ring on Thanksgiving and I know he took me to dinner, but I didn't get a gift or even a card... I feel so shallow saying that.  Last year I got dinner and some nice gifts all wrapped up.  Wanna know the last time I had a birthday cake?  I think I was 17.  I feel like a spoiled little child, but I am disappointed.  Sorry to talk your ear off, but I am just a little sad.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Thanks, that makes me happy.  I just feel cheated- he said "I couldn't give you the ring on Christmas because that would be like cheating you out of a gift"   Ummmm so today was differnent because?

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No its okay to be sad or disappointed.  I'm sorry you had a not so good day.  And I come from a family that everyone deserves cake or cupcakes on their birthday.  I got DH about 6 to 8 gifts for christmas and he just got me 1.  I know thats shallow too but we deserve to be spoiled too.  *Hugs*

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Aw sweetie. Those men just DON"T think like us. :(

I'm so sorry. Everyone deserves cakes and being acknowledged on their birthday. Maybe he thought dinner  alone was your big gift? Um, they just don't get it sometimes. They really don't.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs to you too.  I have always been this way about holidays, I always feel like I give thoughtful gifts and others just grab something (if I get anything).  I have never gotten a Mothers Day gift...  its just hard.  I wanna be a princess too.  I think its hitting me harder because it makes me think "Little girls are suposed to color pretty pictures and make mommy gifts-no more Lily or Dani" 

Quoting blessedmommie07:

No its okay to be sad or disappointed.  I'm sorry you had a not so good day.  And I come from a family that everyone deserves cake or cupcakes on their birthday.  I got DH about 6 to 8 gifts for christmas and he just got me 1.  I know thats shallow too but we deserve to be spoiled too.  *Hugs*

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN