Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you feeling today? How can we support you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Replies (51-59):
mommyofnoah208
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahh! Happy Birthday!! Sorry you had to do unfun stuff, but enjoy dinner!!

happy birthday

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Today is my birthday!!!  For my birthday I got to cover up 500ft of water pipes at the new (one day maybe) house.  Happy birthday to me... oh wait, I got cheated huh?  Going to dinner without the kids too (my real present)

momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy birthday lady!

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Today is my birthday!!!  For my birthday I got to cover up 500ft of water pipes at the new (one day maybe) house.  Happy birthday to me... oh wait, I got cheated huh?  Going to dinner without the kids too (my real present)

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy Birthday!birthday sweetpeaaw I'm sorry.  I hope it ended well at least

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Group Admin on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM

No it really didn't.  I feel like a big whiny baby but I just need to vent.  My mom talked to me like 6 different times today and never wished me happy birthday.  My mamaw gave me my card but never actually said happy birthday.  My boyfriend took me out to dinner at a "nice" resturante- nice maybe in the 80's.  We waited for almost an hour to be seated (we were first in line), the food was good (but not $80 good) and not to be too picky but my drinking glass had been wiped with a soured rag, but so had my second glass.  And, ok, someone tell me if I have a reason to be upset here- I know I got an engagement ring on Thanksgiving and I know he took me to dinner, but I didn't get a gift or even a card... I feel so shallow saying that.  Last year I got dinner and some nice gifts all wrapped up.  Wanna know the last time I had a birthday cake?  I think I was 17.  I feel like a spoiled little child, but I am disappointed.  Sorry to talk your ear off, but I am just a little sad.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Aw honey, I'm sorry. I would of made you a cake. I'm an excellent cake maker.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

No it really didn't.  I feel like a big whiny baby but I just need to vent.  My mom talked to me like 6 different times today and never wished me happy birthday.  My mamaw gave me my card but never actually said happy birthday.  My boyfriend took me out to dinner at a "nice" resturante- nice maybe in the 80's.  We waited for almost an hour to be seated (we were first in line), the food was good (but not $80 good) and not to be too picky but my drinking glass had been wiped with a soured rag, but so had my second glass.  And, ok, someone tell me if I have a reason to be upset here- I know I got an engagement ring on Thanksgiving and I know he took me to dinner, but I didn't get a gift or even a card... I feel so shallow saying that.  Last year I got dinner and some nice gifts all wrapped up.  Wanna know the last time I had a birthday cake?  I think I was 17.  I feel like a spoiled little child, but I am disappointed.  Sorry to talk your ear off, but I am just a little sad.

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Group Admin on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Thanks, that makes me happy.  I just feel cheated- he said "I couldn't give you the ring on Christmas because that would be like cheating you out of a gift"   Ummmm so today was differnent because?

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No its okay to be sad or disappointed.  I'm sorry you had a not so good day.  And I come from a family that everyone deserves cake or cupcakes on their birthday.  I got DH about 6 to 8 gifts for christmas and he just got me 1.  I know thats shallow too but we deserve to be spoiled too.  *Hugs*

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Aw sweetie. Those men just DON"T think like us. :(

I'm so sorry. Everyone deserves cakes and being acknowledged on their birthday. Maybe he thought dinner  alone was your big gift? Um, they just don't get it sometimes. They really don't.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

iSMILEheCRIES
by Group Admin on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs to you too.  I have always been this way about holidays, I always feel like I give thoughtful gifts and others just grab something (if I get anything).  I have never gotten a Mothers Day gift...  its just hard.  I wanna be a princess too.  I think its hitting me harder because it makes me think "Little girls are suposed to color pretty pictures and make mommy gifts-no more Lily or Dani" 

Quoting blessedmommie07:

No its okay to be sad or disappointed.  I'm sorry you had a not so good day.  And I come from a family that everyone deserves cake or cupcakes on their birthday.  I got DH about 6 to 8 gifts for christmas and he just got me 1.  I know thats shallow too but we deserve to be spoiled too.  *Hugs*

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Quoting blessedmommie07:

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN