Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I took one dose of these meds to induce miscarriage and all it gave me was extreme nausea, diarrhea, and painful gas cramping all over.  I know it was gas because of where it was located.  I didn't spot or start cramping in the area of my uterus, so I didn't bother taking another dose.  I'm still not cramping or bleeding this morning so I think I've decided to contact the doctor about a D&C.  Those meds were awful.  I don't think I could continue taking them.  Any one else suffer these or other side effects?

~Jenn

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
debbie303
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

this drug is really used for abortions early and late term. Dr's till this day administer this drug, because it dilates the cervix to expel the fetus. They also would do this to use it for a late term partial abortion. If your child is not already passed away, then the live baby is more or less killed because of this drug! It also for women who chose abortion because of fetal abnormalities.         PRETTY FNK SICK IF U ASK ME! 

Bandonsbug
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Quoting debbie303:

this drug is really used for abortions early and late term. Dr's till this day administer this drug, because it dilates the cervix to expel the fetus. They also would do this to use it for a late term partial abortion. If your child is not already passed away, then the live baby is more or less killed because of this drug! It also for women who chose abortion because of fetal abnormalities.         PRETTY FNK SICK IF U ASK ME! 

The pill form prescribed to aid miscarriage causes the uterus to contract, and the contractions cause the miscarrying process.  I don't know about abortions.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I know, I wasn't meaning you were making me crazy... Just seeing doctors take chances with our fertility.... And it happens over and over.

Quoting Bandonsbug:

Quoting Angela4boys:

I know, and it drives me nuts every post I see with cytotec in it. It's like salt in the wound.

Quoting Zealand2008:

I can't believe doctors still use this drug. We need to get the word out.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Cytotec administered vaginal made me hemorrhage, requiring a blood transfusion. By the time I was taken back for surgery I had lost 7 1/2 pounds of blood and clots.

Like I said in my most recent reply.  One dose's side effects were enough for me.  I'm getting a D&C tomorrow.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
debbie303
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM

i actually did a paper on this for one of my classes, there is a reference site u can look up under WIKIPEDIA- 

Misoprostol.. 

CYTOTEC IS ANOTHER NAME FOR IT AND IT IS NOT FDA APPROVED...

Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM
What's worse is that the manufacturer absolutely does not endorse it's use for anything EXCEPT ulcers. Doctors are using us as guinea pigs.

Quoting Bandonsbug:

Quoting debbie303:

The pill form prescribed to aid miscarriage causes the uterus to contract, and the contractions cause the miscarrying process.  I don't know about abortions.

Bandonsbug
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Quoting debbie303:

i actually did a paper on this for one of my classes, there is a reference site u can look up under WIKIPEDIA- 

Misoprostol.. 

CYTOTEC IS ANOTHER NAME FOR IT AND IT IS NOT FDA APPROVED...

Wikipedia is not a scholarly source.  I already said I had side effects and stopped taking it, opting for the D&C.  I'm really upset and sensitive right now, so talking about drugs for abortions in all caps isn't helping :(

debbie303
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

JUST LETTING U KNOW :)

Bandonsbug
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Quoting Angela4boys:

Oh I know, I wasn't meaning you were making me crazy... Just seeing doctors take chances with our fertility.... And it happens over and over.

I didn't think that.  The sad part is that my doctor and his practice are all anti-abortion, and he's been super all-natural about a lot of things.  He's a D.O.  Maybe he needs some more education on this particular drug.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Yea, ACOG actually endorses it's use for miscarriage. That's the problem I think. It's used over pitocin because it's cheap! But unlike pitocin that can be turned up, turned down, or turned off... Once the cytotec is in, you have to weather the storm until the drug is metabolized which is hours! In my case that cheaper alternative turned into emergency surgery, a blood transfusion and a 5 day hospital stay.

Quoting Bandonsbug:

Quoting Angela4boys:

I didn't think that.  The sad part is that my doctor and his practice are all anti-abortion, and he's been super all-natural about a lot of things.  He's a D.O.  Maybe he needs some more education on this particular drug.

Bandonsbug
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Ick.  I am so sorry you had to go through that, and grateful you were able to keep me from going through that.  I'll be talking to my doctor about all this information, not that it will do any good (one can hope, right?). 

Quoting Angela4boys:

Yea, ACOG actually endorses it's use for miscarriage. That's the problem I think. It's used over pitocin because it's cheap! But unlike pitocin that can be turned up, turned down, or turned off... Once the cytotec is in, you have to weather the storm until the drug is metabolized which is hours! In my case that cheaper alternative turned into emergency surgery, a blood transfusion and a 5 day hospital stay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN