Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could it have been a chemical/early loss?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM
  • 25 Replies
So as some of you know I got what I thought was two bfp's last week then started AF.

Well I usually only have AF for 3-4 days MAX and here it is a week later and I'm still bleeding! It's light but it's still there and I have never done this! Both of my losses were not early so idk? It's bleeding that reminds me of being postpartum...

I guess there is no way to really know...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I have never had an early loss either but it kind of sounds like a chemical pregnancy.  Which I would think could happen especially if you test really early.  I'm sorry.

Angela4boys
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:26 PM
I thought a chemical pregnancy was an early loss, no?

Either way, I think you were pregnant and lost it :(. Your tests were not that light and had color too.

I am sorry you are going through this. It sucks not knowing for certain, feeling like you don't have proof, I imagine even the thought of bringing up to the doctor comes with apprehension.

Just curious if by chance while AF was present, did you take another hpt?
echupko
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Yes it's the same. I just worded it like that b/c some people haven't heard the term "chemical pregnancy"

And no I never tested anymore...

Quoting Angela4boys:

I thought a chemical pregnancy was an early loss, no?

Either way, I think you were pregnant and lost it :(. Your tests were not that light and had color too.

I am sorry you are going through this. It sucks not knowing for certain, feeling like you don't have proof, I imagine even the thought of bringing up to the doctor comes with apprehension.

Just curious if by chance while AF was present, did you take another hpt?
momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Too bad there isn't a way to do a quant hcg at home. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I lost mine in the second trimester so I don't know what else to compare it to. Are you cramping pretty bad with this?

echupko
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Bad, no. More than normal, yes. And I'm still having cramps now...

Quoting momofcrazypants:

Too bad there isn't a way to do a quant hcg at home. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I lost mine in the second trimester so I don't know what else to compare it to. Are you cramping pretty bad with this?

Dani41780
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Yes. It could have been :( I'm sorry.

Angela4boys
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Are you planning on talking to your doctor about it?
echupko
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not making a special appointment for it no, but maybe next time I go in

Quoting Angela4boys:

Are you planning on talking to your doctor about it?
Irene1923
by Tina on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I am sorry you are going through this. It does sound like a chemical pregnancy though. *Hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife-4-life
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Well when the bleeding is done take another HPT. I had what our describing twice. I had BFPs and then bled and when my bleeding stopped they were negative. :(

But with that said, when I was preg with dd2, I bled off & on the majority of my preg because I had a SCH (sub chorionic hemmorage) but baby grew healthy and was born healthy. Maybe see a dr to check ad not wait to see what happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)