Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

DNC Tomm scared

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 11 Replies

I have my DNC tomm i will be 11 week tomm. Im sad and scared . Do they give you something to help with pain ? Im so scared

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I had one almost 4 weeks ago. They put me to sleep for it. They also prescribed me pain meds to take after and I did end up using them. They helped. I was really scared too. Before my D&C, the only thing close to surgery that I had ever had was getting my wisdom teeth out. They let DH stay with me until they put me to sleep and brought him in when I was recovering. I also had a great doctor and nurse, both of them held my hands until they put me to sleep. I was really emotional and very upset. They even wiped my tears away for me. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Sending you good thoughts and wishing you the best on a speedy recovery.

Dani41780
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I haven't experienced that but I wanted you to know I'll be thinking of you. Please update us afterwards (if you feel like it).

jacksmom3707
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I had my D & C one week ago.

It really wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be. My husband went with me. The nurses and my doctor were all very kind to me and sympathetic. They gave me an IV and brought me to the room and put me to sleep. The surgery itself didn't take long at all and before I knew it I was awake and it was over. I got to go home soon after and my doctor prescribed pain pills. I took the next day off and rested and by the following day I was fine.

It took more of an emotional toll than anything but it wasn't overly painful or scary. Good luck and let us know how it goes. It will be ok!

Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM
I had a D&E and was completely put under. After, I was in no pain at all, no cramps or anything... Didn't even need Tylenol. I know it's scary, but you are going to be ok Hun. Keep us posted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I've never had a D&C but I assume they might give you something but I've heard it varies with doctors as well.  I hope it all goes well and you can start physically healing.

Irene1923
by Tina on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I have never had a D&C but I hope everything goes well tomorrow so you can start healing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you. I am pretty sure they may pit you out during the procedure. Then they will probably give you something for pain when you go home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylesMonkey
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I was completely unconscious for mine.  Woke up with no pain and very little bleeding.  I was back at work the next day.  Emotionally, it was rough.  DH and I had been trying and trying.  Had gone through a miscarriage 4 months earlier...  And I'm almost 40.  My clock is POUNDING.  Nothing anyone says is going to make this OK.  But it's over quickly and hopefully your next pregnancy will go to term with a beautiful baby to love and cherish at the end of it.  

ilovekeith12
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Thats what i am so scarde of now after 3 mc having another one . dh is so scared now he doesnt know if he wants to try again. He has no kids , i have 2 from my first husband . BTW have had a BPF pos since ?

Quoting KylesMonkey:

I was completely unconscious for mine.  Woke up with no pain and very little bleeding.  I was back at work the next day.  Emotionally, it was rough.  DH and I had been trying and trying.  Had gone through a miscarriage 4 months earlier...  And I'm almost 40.  My clock is POUNDING.  Nothing anyone says is going to make this OK.  But it's over quickly and hopefully your next pregnancy will go to term with a beautiful baby to love and cherish at the end of it.  

KylesMonkey
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Yes.  Unfortunately, It ended in another mc.  I took probably 15-20 tests to make sure I wasn't dreaming over the course of a week and made an apointment to see my OB, and then I started bleeding - bad.  We're just ticking along, though.  This is my third mc this year.  DH has a 17 yo son from a previous relationship and I have two beautiful children from a previous marriage; but we are SO so sos soooooo wanting a baby together.  Neither one of us is willing to give up yet, but it's been hard.  I wish you lots of luck.  So sorry for your losses.  It's heartbreaking

Quoting ilovekeith12:

Thats what i am so scarde of now after 3 mc having another one . dh is so scared now he doesnt know if he wants to try again. He has no kids , i have 2 from my first husband . BTW have had a BPF pos since ?

Quoting KylesMonkey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN