Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know it's normal (Pregnancy Mentioned)

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:00 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know it's normal to be scared after you have had a miscarriage and you are pregnant again for the first time. Even though my loss was about 4 years ago the feelings are still so fresh. I got on Mirena IUD after my loss in my second trimester at 18 weeks. My first loss was also my very first pregnancy. This is my second pregnancy now and I am only in my sixth week and I am still just terrified. I am over the moon to finally be pregnant after 6 months of TTC post Mirena. I am just worried that I am going to have another loss in my second trimester. The reason for the loss was unknown and that is why I think I am scared the most. I know many women go on to have healthy pregnancies and babies after a miscarriage. I am just worried. 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AngelPatrick
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I did the exact same thing. I was 20 weeks pregnant when i lost my first one. I got pregnant not long after that and was scared to death the entire time and exactly a year after i had my miscarriage i gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. So you are going to be scared. i was terrified through my entire pregancy up until the day that i had her and am now pregnant again and scared to death again, i am due August 9, 2012. and just like with you they did not know the cause of my losing the baby. I hope this helps

Nevaehs_Mommy1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I have the same fear. I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy in July and now I might be pregnant again. And im afraid to lose another baby. It hurts so much, i know. :( But you'll be fine. I'm just trying to think really positive this time. (: there's always gonna be that fear in the back of your mind. Its normal. But you can do this (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
demlilkit
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:16 AM
I miscarried two of mine and and etopic pregnancy then the other was a medical abortion the baby was not alive at 8 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:19 AM
It's normal, I feel the same. I am scared to tell anyone, just to have it happen again. I am really scared to go to the doctor, to have the Doppler placed down, to have an ultrasound... I an just plain scared.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:05 AM

We just lost ours almost 5 weeks ago and haven't started ttc yet. I am already worried about all the what ifs and we aren't even pregnant yet! Keep thinking positively. Sending good thoughts your way!

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Hugs.  I know that fear.  Just remember that a baby is a baby no matter what, cherish this baby no matter if it is here for a few weeks or a million years!  Hang in there and maybe write down all these feelings and share them with your doctor or husband

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM

*hugs*  I'm probably about 3 weeks or so and I'm scared and worried too.  This is my 4th pregnancy, my 1st & 2nd went well with healthy babies and my 3rd was my angel.  Its just hard cause you don't want to set yourself up for another loss.  

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I had a first trimester loss but I still know the fear your going through because I just had my rainbow baby a little over a year ago.  The best thing that helped me was just taking my pregnancy day by day and to do my best to always think positive thoughts.  You'll be in my thoughts and I hope you go on to have a happy and healthy 9 months ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)