Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coping...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM
  • 4 Replies

On Dec 7. we found out that our baby had no heart beat. and during the ultrasound they said that we were measuring about 13 weeks. That wanted us to go into a natural labor at home. I discussed with my dr I had a trip coming up going to NY with my kids (hubby was staying home due to work) my dr told me " go on our trip, the last thing you want to do is sit at home." My husband and I discussed it.. and my girls and i went on our trip.

We were on our way home here to NC (we drove), and we were in Pennsylvania visiting a friend (whom we havnt seen in almsot 5yrs) I was at her house not more than 15minutes before my water broke.On Dec 14, at 2:03pm and i delivered our first baby boy. :'( <3 Jackson Alexander <3  (we have 2 healthy girls) I had very little cramping when it happened.. Once I passed my baby i saw that it was our first boy. :'( Which wrecked me even more than i already was.

I was rushed to the ER 2hrs (4pm) later becuase i was losing to much blood. once at the ER the dr gave me a 50/50 chance of living or dying due to how much blood i had lost.  They were preping me for a blood transfusion which i told them I wanted to wait on. to see if my body came around  with the fluids and meds. Thankfully my body made a turn for the better without the blood transfusion. and i was discharged at 11pm.

The reason I was bleeding so much was because my body was trying to pass the placenta.. and the placenta was stuck at the opening of my uterus.

We are home now and coping... I think that that is all we can do. I am much more emotional than my husband.. I dont think he knows how to act.. if that makes sense..

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I'm sorry and i know that dont help. We lost a baby girl at 25weeks i delivered on the 4th. My dh is still in shock and not said much. I think it takes them time to process it all and for it to become real. However I've been an emotional wreck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I am very sorry, sounds very traumatic. It take a while, but things do get better, very slowly. (( hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I am very sorry. :(

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*  I'm so sorry you had to go through all that.  I know its was probably scary.  I know how you feel about losing your first boy.  I have 2 boys and our first daughter was born sleeping due to a fatal birth defect.  Its hard losing a baby period but it especially puts salt on the wound when you know that baby was a different gender then your living kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)