• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

some poems about loss..( will probably make you cry :(

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm sharing these because I feel I need to. You might not read them but I am hurting so bad today and these are some poems I have came across today. All dedicated from me to my angels who will be with Jesus for Christmas :( mommy loves you SO much and I will always love you and NEVER forget you!!

I thought of you and closed my eyes, And prayed to God today. I asked what makes a Mother, And I know I heard him say: A mother has a baby, This we know is true. But, God, can you be a mother, When your baby's not with you? Yes, you can he replied, With confidence in his voice. I give many women babies, When they leave is not thier choice. Some I send for a lifetime, And others for a day. And some I send to feel your womb, But theres no need to stay. I just don't understand this God, I want my baby here. He took a breath and cleared his throat, And then I saw a tear. I wish that I could show you, What your child is doing today, If you could see your child smile, With other children who say: We go to earth and learn our lessons, Of love and life and fear. My mommy loved me oh so much, I got to come straight here. I feel so lucky to have a mom, Who had so much love for me. I learned my lessons very quickly, My mommy set me free. I miss my mommy oh so much, But I visit her each day. When she goes to sleep, On her pillow's where I lay. I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek, And whisper in her ear. "Mommy don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here." So you see my dear sweet one, Your children are Ok. Your babies are here in My home, They'll be at heavens gate for you. So now you see what makes a mother. It's the feeling in your heart. It's the love you had so much of, Right from the very start. Though some on earth may not realize you are a mother, until their time is done. They'll be up here with Me one day, And you'll know that you're the best one! ~Author Unknown

"Daddy please don't look so sad, momma please don't cry. Cause I'm in the arms of Jesus, and he sings me lullabies. Please try not to question God, don't think he is unkind. Don't think he sent me to you and then changed his mind. You see I'm a special child, I am needed up above. I'm the special gift you gave Him, a product of your love. I'll always be there with you, so watch the sky at night. Look for the brightest star and know that's my halo's brilliant light. You'll see me in the morning frost that mists your window pane. That's me in the summer showers, I'll be dancing in the rain. When you feel a gentle breeze from a gentle wind that blows. Know that it's me planting a kiss upon your nose. When you see a child playing and your heart feels a tug, Don't be sad mommy, that's just me giving your heart a hug. So daddy don't looks so sad and momma please don't cry. I'm in the arms of Jesus and he sings me lullabies! ~Unknown

You never said you're leaving You never said goodbye You were gone before I knew it, And only God knew why. A million times I needed you, A million times I cried. If love alone could have saved you, You never would have died. In life I loved you dearly In death I love you still In my heart you hold a place, That nobody could ever fill. It broke my heart to lose you, But you didn't go alone For part of me went with you, The day God took you home. ~Unknown

I have not turned my back on you So there is no need to cry. I'm watching you from heaven Just beyond the morning sky.
I've seen you almost fall apart When you could barely stand. I asked an angel to comfort you And watched her take your hand.
She told me you are in more pain Than I could ever be. She wiped her eyes and swallowed hard Then gave your hand to me.
Although you may not feel my touch Or see me by your side. I've whispered that I love you While I wiped each tear you cried.
So please try not to ache for me We'll meet again one day. Beyond the dark and stormy sky A rainbow lights the way. ~Authour Unknown

Today I saw you crying I sent you lots of love I hope that you can feel it I'm here just up above
Today I jumped from cloud to cloud And flew across the sky And God told me all about you And why you often cry
He told me that you were special And your love for me is so deep He told me that one day I'll meet you here And in your arms I'll leap
I met a nice man the other day He sat me on his knee He told me that he knew you, Mom And do you know what else he told me?
He told me all about you About your pretty face About your kindness, love and joy About your sweet grace
I told that man I knew you Cause we were once so close I grew in your belly, Mommy Just beneath your clothes
I told that man you talked to me And prayed for me each night And how I felt your love right there And how you would hug me tight
No, you're not a stranger, Mom Although we're now apart It's really not that far, Mommy I know I'm in your heart
I can't wait to see you, Mommy God says you'll be here soon Until then, I'm with you And I love you to the moon

***feel free to add some you love or dedicate one to your angels... this is just something I had on my heart and I've been holding the tears in all day and I had to let them out :*(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Devious103102
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM

=*0(

momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM

"A tiny flower, lent not given... to bud on earth and bloom in Heaven."  For my Dani Jane- lost at 9 weeks.

YouTube the songs-  Mercy Me "The Hurt and the Healer"  Selah "I will carry you" and Gerrick Hofsink "Still"   Those are my angel baby songs.  I love the line in Selah "I showed her photographs of time begining; walked her through the parted sea.  Angel lulabyes, no more teary eyes" for Lily Rose- lost at 19weeks (Sept 7th).

mommyofnoah208
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM
So beautiful, reading poems and listening to certain songs are so healing for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)