Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not sure what to do what would u do

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM
  • 14 Replies
i have known that im possibly miscarring for 2 weeks now but i went to er bc my stomach looked odd today
found out its normal did ultrasound
baby died around 4 weeks or more from today i would be 14 weeks thursday i have not bled or anything besides some cramping i have had 2 csections so im scared of d and c of hte risk
so now i have to choose btw
dc
or naturally they it both  risk i have no clue what to do any ideas

Im afraid that i wont be able to get preg again or possibly rupture bc of mymiscarriages

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM
I am not sure, i am sorry for your loss. I would talk with your dr more and see what they suggest. Thinking of you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I'm sorry your going through this hun ((hugs)) I agree with Melissa and talk to your doctor about what option they feel would be the safest in your situation.

LilysMommy813
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:28 AM
I'm so sorry, ask your doctor if they can give you any meds to try and start the process naturally. Good luck
Angela4boys
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Does D&C carry a lot of risk with your C-section? I don't know, I had a D&E under emergency circumstances, they never discussed risks, and I was under general anesthesia, but it seemed to go well, and quick. The recovery, for me, was very easy, no discomfort of any kind.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.

momofcrazypants
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I would talk it over with the doc as well. Not sure what types of risks are associated with D&C and previous C-sections. I wish you the best and I am so sorry for your loss.

jacksmom3707
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Sorry you are going through this!

I just had a D & C 2 weeks ago and I had 2 previous c-sections. My doctor did not say there were any risks associated with the D & C as it relates to the c-sections so I'm not sure you need to worry about that.

Hope this helps but I would definitely let your doctor know your concerns and see what options he/she would recommend.

Welch41407
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

what do u mean since it relates to the csections and def will

debbie303
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM

wow, im sorry. Talk with ur dr and see what is best for u. (((((hugs to u)))))

Mommy4Clara
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I went through this EXACT same thing.  I went in for my 12 week u.s on Nov. 21 and founf out that my baby had died just a day or two earlier.  (I would be 14 weeks right now, so you and I were on the same track).  My doc gave me the choise -miscarry naturally or D&C.  She suggested the D&C because babies that make it past 10 weeks are pretty large and your body will basically go into full labor to miscarry.  It could be hours of contractions....

I was not spotting or craming, so I went home... I carried my baby for 10 more days, unsure of what to do.  I decided to have the D&C.  I had a c-section with my last baby and my doctor said it wouldn't make any differences and I can still have a VBAC with my next pregnancy. 

I didn't want the D&C but I didn't know when - or if the miscarriage would happen.  My doc was concerned about  the baby giving me an infection or blood poisoning if I kept it in too long.

The doc did a "light" scraping, but that meant she left tissue in, and I passed tissue and clots the size of oranges. The day after surgery, I had contractions every 3-5 minutes apart and was in horrific pain.  Once I passed all the tissue, I was ok.  My stomach was tender for a week, but I found out I had an infection, so I went on antibiotics for another week.  It's been 3 weeks, and I'm feeling "normal" physically.

It's definitely a crappy decision to have to make.  If you want to talk privately, I'm here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)