Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Ovulating after a loss **update #2**

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 22 Replies

Until I can get my first AF post loss I am attempting to prevent pregnancy.  So the best method I know how other than BC is charting. DH hates condoms (but he may have to get over it lol).  
Anyhow I chart temps, CM and CP.  I've decided to also use OPKs to avoid.  What I'm wondering is....were your ovulation signs normal for this time in limbo? Or was it all over the place?   

12/22
So last night I kinda was spotting a bit. And had a temp dip yesterday. Soooo I'm hoping this means AF is on her way. However, I caught a 24hr bug and temp flew up.  But still a little spotty today.  Fingers crossed this is AF!   

It will, though, put me almost in the exact same cycle as when I conceived my daughter. So I think I will prevent for January.  Anyways, thanks for all the help!

1/2/13

Well that wasn't O. Or Af.  Yup. I think I finally may have O'd 3-4 days ago! This waiting game is driving me insane.  So now 10 or so days and if my LP is like it was pre-m/c then AF should arrive.  Wish me luck and AF dust! I am so ready to move on from this "cycle".

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ccoyle4
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM

hi, I'm new here.  I suffered a loss 2 weeks ago.  I'm assuming my cycle went back to normal, because right on track, I'm ovulating.  I took an ovulation test this morning and I'm ovulating right on time.

AmandaN1
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Wow! Mine started a little more than 3 weeks ago. The bleeding ended 11 days ago (wow just hit me how fast that's gone).  So far nothing.  But good to know it can be normal!  If you don't mind, how far along were you?

Quoting ccoyle4:

hi, I'm new here.  I suffered a loss 2 weeks ago.  I'm assuming my cycle went back to normal, because right on track, I'm ovulating.  I took an ovulation test this morning and I'm ovulating right on time.

ccoyle4
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I was only 5 weeks.  I went to my ob the day i started bleeding, and he confirmed that my levels were already down to 6.  My bleeding only lasted 3 days, one of those being super heavey.  I wanted to get pregnant right away since my doctor said I had lost the baby early enough that i shouldn't have to wait a cycle first...so i bough ovulation tests just to be sure I was going to ovulate so I woudln't get my hopes up if I didn't even O....well my "prime time is now"  I go back to my ob next friday to make sure my levels were at 0, so I'm hoping, that it'll be far enough after ovulation that if there is a pregnancy that he will be able to detect it.

Quoting AmandaN1:

Wow! Mine started a little more than 3 weeks ago. The bleeding ended 11 days ago (wow just hit me how fast that's gone).  So far nothing.  But good to know it can be normal!  If you don't mind, how far along were you?

Quoting ccoyle4:

Are you tired of snacking all the time or tired of seeing the same number on that scale?  If so, it may be time to ask me about ACE...appetite, control, energy.  All natural.  Look great and feel great while loosing weight!

Caitlin:  ACE associate

AmandaN1
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Good luck! I was 6w2d but baby stopped growing around 5 weeks. My midwife never did a blood draw. But I bled for 12 days.  So it's taken me a bit longer it seems to get back to "normal".  

Quoting ccoyle4:

I was only 5 weeks.  I went to my ob the day i started bleeding, and he confirmed that my levels were already down to 6.  My bleeding only lasted 3 days, one of those being super heavey.  I wanted to get pregnant right away since my doctor said I had lost the baby early enough that i shouldn't have to wait a cycle first...so i bough ovulation tests just to be sure I was going to ovulate so I woudln't get my hopes up if I didn't even O....well my "prime time is now"  I go back to my ob next friday to make sure my levels were at 0, so I'm hoping, that it'll be far enough after ovulation that if there is a pregnancy that he will be able to detect it.

Quoting AmandaN1:

Quoting ccoyle4:

ccoyle4
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Yeah, I was surprised that my bleeding was as it was.  It was like a period for me....except for being so much heavier that first day.  My husband didn't understand why I took the loss so hard because it was so early....but eh...he's hirdwired differently then i am.

Good luck on everything getting back to normal.

Quoting AmandaN1:

Good luck! I was 6w2d but baby stopped growing around 5 weeks. My midwife never did a blood draw. But I bled for 12 days.  So it's taken me a bit longer it seems to get back to "normal".  

Quoting ccoyle4:

Quoting AmandaN1:

Quoting ccoyle4:

jacksmom3707
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Just had my D & C two weeks ago, only lightly spotted for about 6 days afterwards. I think I have been ovulating the last few days. I don't do any charting or temps or anything, I usually can tell by the amount of CM I am having (sorry if TMI).

I'm really hoping that means I get my period back soon. I'd like to get my cycles back to normal ASAP!

AmandaN1
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Quoting jacksmom3707:

Just had my D & C two weeks ago, only lightly spotted for about 6 days afterwards. I think I have been ovulating the last few days. I don't do any charting or temps or anything, I usually can tell by the amount of CM I am having (sorry if TMI).

I'm really hoping that means I get my period back soon. I'd like to get my cycles back to normal ASAP!

No worries nothing is really TMI for me lol. I am watching CM as well. Although the days I've had a lot of EWCM I also had a neg OPK.  So I think the hormones were still getting evened out (this was only a day or two after the bleeding stopped).  

Hope you do too!! 

Bandonsbug
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Right now I'm one week post D&C, so I can't help you.  Good luck!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I had a D&C and got AF 32 days post procedure. Not super helpful, but that's all I've got!

Dani41780
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Stronger, more Cm right after my miscarriage. (First ovulation)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN