Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

possible 2nd miscarriage

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

My name is Beth and I am 23 years old. I had my first miscarriage in June 29, 2010, which was only a few short months after my husband and I got married. A year later I got pregnant again but had a successful pregnancyand delivered a healthy baby boy, whom we named Tanner, on February 11, 2012. I found out at the beginning of December that we are expecting again and due sometime in August, but I'm showing signs that I might miscarry again. My hcg levels have been going up but stay at the low end of normal, last time checked they were at 847.1 got them checked again today but do not have results yet, have had some mild cramping, and this morning had some spotting without cramping. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what was the outcome? I feel bad because I'm already detaching myself from this pregnancy even though I don't know for sure if it will end in miscarriage :( Also my Dr and I think I'm due around Aug 16 so that would make me around 5 weeks 6 days pregnant. 

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michellej428
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard to know. Some times cramping and spotting can be normal in early pregnancy and sometimes it can be the beginning of a miscarriage. Only time and continuing to get your hcg levels checked will tell. Fingers crossed for you..good luck!!! 

BethFree
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM

thank you 

Bandonsbug
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Quoting michellej428:

It's hard to know. Some times cramping and spotting can be normal in early pregnancy and sometimes it can be the beginning of a miscarriage. Only time and continuing to get your hcg levels checked will tell. Fingers crossed for you..good luck!!! 

Exactly what I was going to say.  I wish you the best of luck and hope your little peanut sticks!

BethFree
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM

thank you, I hope so too. last time I miscarried I became really depressed and I don't want to go through that again especially because now I have a 10 month old who depends on me to be there for him.

Dani41780
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I hope it's not another miscarriage :(

BethFree
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM

yeah me either, one was hard enough :(

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:42 PM

*hugs*  I hope everything goes alright.

BethFree
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM

yeah me too, still spotting just waiting on Dr to call back :(

debbie303
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:15 PM

thats sound early yet, myabe ur still in the implantation time, hopefully everything goes good for u :)

BethFree
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:24 PM

yeah I'm hoping that's all, I was just starting to let myself get excited :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)