Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How long did it take?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:48 AM
  • 11 Replies

How long did it take to naturally miscarry? My doctor told me at 10 weeks baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. So it's been 4 weeks with no miscarriage symptoms and now I'm waiting another 2 weeks until my doc said to schedule d&c. So it's now been about 5 weeks with baby supposedly not alive in my belly... Is this normal?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NESmith63
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Here's a bump for you. I tried to miscarry naturally but couldn't. My dr said it can take several weeks for the body to catch up and realize. When I found out I miscarried in feb I wanted to do it naturally but about a week after I found out I woke up to use the bathroom one night and had started spotting. I had a panic attack and knew I could not do this naturally. The next morning I called and scheduled the d&c for the following day. I'm glad I did. There was no bleeding after the one trip to the bathroom but I couldn't do the waiting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I found out my baby had passed 2 weeks earlier, and went the next day to start my induction. I couldn't bear waiting. I am sorry you are going through this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I was almost 17w and they are estimating that our baby had passed away almost two weeks prior to that. I didn't miscarry naturally, the doctor advised against it. We scheduled a D&C for the next morning. I'm so sorry for your loss.

paknari
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM
My 2 miscarriages were early on and I only knew it was a miscarriage because I started bleeding. My niece however has to go in Monday for an induction because her baby died at 17 weeks and she has to deliver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackcat1515
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I tested late and was pregnant I would have been around 6-8weeks preg. and about a few days later right after our 5 year anniversery I started to cramp on and off and was bleeding like a period that started to happen in the morning and by 3 or so I had a gush and he came out. And the bleed had slowed down and did what my period did. I am so sorry for your loss I know it is hard and it will get better.

Treasure43
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss :( I found out at 15 weeks, but since the baby had only grown to a little over 8 weeks, I was given the choice to m/c naturally or schedule a D and E. I couldn't deal with the waiting and went with the D and E. But my doctor said it can be weeks before your body recognizes the loss and starts to pass the baby.

debbie303
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM

yes, ur body has to figure it out.. sorry for ur loss :(

MommaBoop922
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Im sorry for your loss.  I was given a shot for my 2nd and my first happened immediately..  I have heard of some women not being able to pass a baby naturally.  Sometimes your body just doesnt react the way you need it to.  I hope that either way everything goes okay.  

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:30 AM

((hugs)) I am sorry for your loss hun and i'm sorry your having to go through this.  My loss was almost 3 years ago but my body reconized that baby had passed right away because I went to the dr on a friday for some spotting and that's when I found out baby had past and then by sunday I was bleeding alot.

jacksmom3707
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM

My doctor told me it could take weeks.

I was 8 weeks when I found out that the baby had no heartbeat and waited another 2 weeks before my D & C and by the time I had the procedure, I still hadn't had any bleeding. The doctor told me that can happen and that's why she recommends D & C in those cases.

Hang in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)