Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

If You Watch Grey's Anatomy (Spoiler if you haven't seen the mid season finale)

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

If you watch it, did you see the mis-season finale?  Meredith is dealing with a pregnancy after her loss and fertility issues, how do you feel about it?  This show and Private Practice have really been touching on issues you can face with pregnancies for major characters which I think is great!  I think that they are doing a good job showing what you go through when you get pregnant after a loss, showing the affect it has on your SO and how it makes being excited about the pregnancy and basic things harder.

Happily married  to my true love, Mommy to two beautiful little girls, and one furry baby!  

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Treasure43
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I haven't been watching but I youtubed some to catch up. Mere's first ultrasound broke my heart. The look on her face when she sees the ultrasound....it's like she wants to be excited but is scared to let herself :(

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:15 AM

So interesting! I watch both of those shows. Private Practice last season or was it the one before that, had Amelia have the baby with ancelpathy and then GA had where Meredith lost the baby and is now pregnant. I love Shonda Rhimes, I'm totally sucked in to both of those shows. I cry along with them and everything. DH thinks it's pretty funny.

mommyofnoah208
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I love both those shows, and I think they are doing a great job showing how she is dealing with the pregnancy and scared and how she reacted during the ultrasound...it really looked like she was so scared and so scared to bond with seeing her baby. I agree that I think both shows are doing a good job showing the pain of pregnancy loss and pregnancy related problems.

MommaBoop922
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:23 PM

yeah I really felt for her with that because I felt the same way when I had the u.s for my dd1.  I cried through most of the appointment because I was scared of the outcome.  Im really hoping they let them have their rainbow baby.  Im really pulling for them! 

Quoting Treasure43:

I haven't been watching but I youtubed some to catch up. Mere's first ultrasound broke my heart. The look on her face when she sees the ultrasound....it's like she wants to be excited but is scared to let herself :(

MommaBoop922
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Im the same way lol... After certain episodes that I have cried through I always think "wow they did it again" you really get attached! 

Quoting momofcrazypants:

So interesting! I watch both of those shows. Private Practice last season or was it the one before that, had Amelia have the baby with ancelpathy and then GA had where Meredith lost the baby and is now pregnant. I love Shonda Rhimes, I'm totally sucked in to both of those shows. I cry along with them and everything. DH thinks it's pretty funny.

MommaBoop922
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I agree and Im happy to see such popular shows are addressing the issues

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

I love both those shows, and I think they are doing a great job showing how she is dealing with the pregnancy and scared and how she reacted during the ultrasound...it really looked like she was so scared and so scared to bond with seeing her baby. I agree that I think both shows are doing a good job showing the pain of pregnancy loss and pregnancy related problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN