Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

is it normal to just want to get pregnant right way

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 13 Replies

i just want to get pregnant right away . everyone telling me to take time to greave but i just don't wona face it and want to be very far on pregnant buy the due date so i don't have to think about the fact i should have had a baby .  even think i still not be pregnant at end of jan makes me wona cry so much . 

don't get me wrong i faced the fact the baby gone but how i kinds see it . baby was only 5 weeks 6 days so chances are the heart never even started to beat and i kinds cope fine with that i don't really want to name it or even really see it as a baby its easier for me to just be upset for the loss of the pregnancy i may sound cold but it helps me cope and no i don't expect other people to see it like i do we all see it the way that helps us. 

but the fear of not getting pregnant quick is what worring me what if it take s months what if i'm not pregnant by the due date 

ok i not even had my af since the mc and i could allready be pregnant but i'm not getting my hopes up 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM
I think for some it is. I have seen quite a few moms ttc and getting pregnant before their first AF.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Yes. I seesaw back and forth between wanting to do it immediately and never doing it again!

feralkitten
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM

i do worry i will lose this baby two . i lost my baby on the 12th of this month  so i have no idear whn af should come 

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM

*hugs*  We all have that feeling.  It is normal.  Don't apologize for the way you cope.  Everyone handles grief and loss differently and if this works for you then thats great for you.

In my experience the more you want it the harder it can be to get it.  Just try to focus on yourself and having fun with bd.  I know it will be a roller coaster when it happens but trying to be laid back now might help.  *hugs*  And it can take 4 to 8 weeks to get your first AF from mc.  How long has it been?

feralkitten
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM

i had my mc on the 12th of this month

KenzieQsMommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:30 PM
I feel the exact same way. I miscarried Oct 23rd and this month was our first at ttc. I got my period on Christmas, and it hurt like hell. I just want a healthy baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perkyjava
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I am feeling the same way... I mc on the 7th of Dec. and I just want to be preganant again my due date would have been May so I feel like if I could just be pregnant before then it would be wonderful.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I think for some women that is normal and there isn't anything wrong with feeling that way. I know in my case I didn't want to try again right away so we waited 6 months after my loss before ttc again. 

JocelynsMama1
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:32 AM

i think its normal....it was that way for me i wanted to get pregnant again as fast as i could...and it is very hard when the due date comes around and you still arent pregnant again so i hope you have better luck than me. You're not cold either we jsut all grieve and cope different ways, if that what helps you get through it then thats the way you need to look at it...im the exact opposite but theres nothing wrong with that

gina6239
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I just miscarried on the 25th and I am thinking about getting pregnant again, too. Although, I just stopped bleeding, so DH was all over me last night and I found that I was not ready to be intimate yet. I think you need to do what's right for you, but also make sure you are truly ready and not just trying to cover up what happened to keep yourself from having to grieve. It hurts to be sad, but it is also okay. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)