Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How do you cope with a second loss?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

I kept holding onto hope that because I was only spotting and it looked like old blood that I wasn't going to have another MC but then my levels stopped doubling. This morning I woke up and am bleeding and having mild cramping, how do you deal with a second loss? Also how do you deal with it in a way that won't effect your child (I have a 10 month old son) and husband?

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*  I'm sorry for your 2nd loss.  What has helped me is counseling and a local support group.  

bwoosley
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that you are going through this.  The only suggestions I can make is to talk about it.  Whether it be on here or with someone you know, it helps to just get it out.  If you feel like you can't let it out around your husband or your son, take a walk.  That is what I've been doing.  Sometimes it is just easier for me to talk a walk around the block and let the tears out in private.  Scream into a pillow if you need to.  Just don't keep anything bottled up inside.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry sweetie.

ttc1rainbow
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry sweetie! I have no advice on the affect to your child, as I have no living children yet. I was hospitalized for my second loss-an ectopic resulting in my tube rupturing, and once I was able to go home I fell into a huge funk. I was in a dark place for a couple weeks. What helped me, and helped my relationship was therapy and a support group. The two best things!! It's much needed to surround myself with women that could truly relate to what I was going thru. *HUGS* to you, and best of luck! keeping you in my thoughts & prayers

Dani41780
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your loss!!! :(

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I just replied to your other post but I am so sorry hun ((hugs)) my dd was a month younger then your ds at the time of my loss and I basically just made sure to keep myself busy taking care of her and that kept my mind off of things for the most part.  I know a lot of ladies on here have found a local support group in their area for miscarriage/infant loss and said that has helped a lot so maybe look into that as well. 

BethFree
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm going to the next town over for an u/s because all the des think this is tubal :(

MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Im so sorry for your loss.  I had two losses myself and in all honesty what ot me through was just taking it one day at a time and focusing on other things.  There were ups and downs but as time went on things got better.... be sure to take your time to grieve and be honest with your SO on how you are feeling so he can helo you ge tthrough it ((HUGS))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)