Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

reaching out to a friend

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

my friend from highschool just had a loss and while i'm fighting back tears for her and for me as i typed my story to her, i'm glad that i could help her. i feel like my loss has meaning every time i reach out and support someone else going through it. of course i never want a friend or even stranger to experience this, but it is great when i can help.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Notes:

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Sometimes it is nice to be able to help someone so they know they aren't alone.

jacksmom3707
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Yes definitely! I feel that way about this site too. Even though my own loss has been painful, it feels good to come on here and give words of support or encouragement to other people in similiar situations!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I agree with the other two ladies even though sharing the story of our loss it's nice to no that we're helping someone by doing it by letting them know we've been there and know how heartbreaking it can be.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Yes, good for you! The silence is what screams the loudest... I am glad you can offer support, and in turn get some too. As we all well know, the more we talk about it, the more we heal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Aw, you sound like you are a GREAT friend! And I agree, talking about it and trying to help others in turn, helps us. 

MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Its always really nice when something good can come out of something sad.  Im glad you were able to be there for your friend. 

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Good for you for being there for her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
purfectlilly
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I agree. I hate to know that so many of us have lost out angels but I love knowing that you guys are here for me.

Lilly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)