Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I feel like I'm trapped :(

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

Not having a good few days over here. I'm a little over a week from my due date and Christmas was extremely hard for me. DH and I are on our fourth cycle of TTC and I'm realizing I'm obsessing. Right after the m/c, I was constantly reliving that. Now that we're TTC, I'm constantly anxious about that. I've been seeing a counseler and it's helping but I still feel like all I think about is my reproductive system/babies/if I'll miscarry again. I feel like I'm a bit obsessed with it. I'm either sad I'm not pregnant or worrying about what would happen if I do get pregnant again. How do I take a break from it all? As hard as it is, maybe I need to stop coming on this site for a bit.

Any thoughts on how to just get away from all the ttc, miscarriage, baby thoughts? I feel like they're dominating my thoughts and I just want to feel carefree and happy again...even if it's only for a little bit.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:48 AM

((hugs)) I wish I had some advice for you hun but once me and my dh start ttc after our loss we didn't want to really put any stress onto ourselves.  But here is a bump for you and I hope one of the other ladies can maybe give you some advice.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:27 AM

*hugs*  I'm not sure but you need to focus on you and your sanity.  If you need a take a break from here it.  Have you tried a local support group too?  I do counseling and the local support group and it has helped me a lot especially my support group.

Have you tried a hobby?  I'm not sure.  I just got to a point where I said I can't do this anymore and I won't and somehow blocked most of those thoughts or diverted my mind when I had to and it worked for me.  Good luck!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Oh momma, I'm so sorry. I feel like that here and there too. Like something related to my loss is always on my mind or in the back of it! I started joining other groups on here that I found interesting. Like there's a meal planning group and cooking groups...totally boring, I know, but it gets my mind off of things. Just trying to explore my interests and find joy again, even in the small things and even if it's just for a few minutes. (hugs)

Angela4boys
by Angela on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I completely relate to how you are feeling.... Like to a T. I wish I could ease my own mind, but I can't. At the same time, I feel entitled to worry, it is a real emotion. Just like we feel it's ok to experience joy and happiness, worry and anxiousness are real, and I can't suppress them. And just like my Avery is worth all my tears and grief, my unborn is worthy of all my worry... It's what us moms do!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:45 PM
maybe just stop trying for a couple months? or get a hobby like crafts or volintering someplace to help keep your miind at ease. i think its a good thing that you are seeing a counslor that can help, and if you feel the need to step away from here do it wed all understand. you need to focus on getting yourself to a safe place first before anything else
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedbyGod141
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:50 PM
I know how you feel. 6 mo ago my first pregnancy was a miscarriage. Now I'm 12 Wks and 3 days I've been to the doctor practically every week for bleeding or having trouble breathing. I'm constantly worried. I'm just Praying. That's all I can do. Praying for you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)