Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lingering

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 2 Replies

I have heard that pregnancy symptoms can linger, but mine had completely gone away the morning I woke up bleeding. The weird thing as that over the past couple of days as the bleeding lessened, the symptoms started to come back. I feel like I am losing it and it is all in my head. The one I know is definitely not in my head though, is heartburn! Is this normal for them to come back like this?

I also had a very painful m/c with horrible cramping. The bleeding has already completely stopped (after only 5 days), but I am still feeling very light cramps. Not at all painful like they were, but just very light. Should I be concerned about this? My doctor examined me and confirmed m/c but did not tell me to follow up or anything unless I developed new symptoms. They don't even do OB anymore (they were going to refer me somewhere else), and I almost feel like I will be bothering them if I call about this again :/

Oh, I was only 4 weeks if that helps. 

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I didn't have a natural miscarriage and I was a little further along than you but the cramping/bleeding lasted maybe a little over two weeks. The warning signs that they want you to look out for are pain in the area, fevers, discharge, hotness in the area etc. I think the light cramps are normal but of course if you're worried even the slightest bit, you can always give your doctor a call and speak to them or a nurse to see what they think. I am so sorry you're going through this and I hope you feel better soon.

MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I was four weeks with my first and had very bad cramping and bleeding for about a week and some cramping after I stopped bleeding and with my second it was medically induced at 9 weeks and had about the same.  It can be normal but if you start feeling really severe pain I would call just for a follow up.  I hope you feel better soon! Im sorry for your loss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)