Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to find out how to prevent a miscarrige

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello I'm Tosha and I having a miscarrige now and wondering if anyone hase advise on preventing this from happening again?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momofcrazypants
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

There are so many reasons as to why a woman miscarries and sometimes, there just aren't any answers. Have you spoken to your doctor or midwife about your concerns? I'm so very sorry for your loss.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree-admin on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  Everyone can have a m/c for different reasons so there just are definite answers how to prevent.  And most doctors won't do tests until after you have 2 m/c which really sucks.  Sometimes if you have a really good doctor they might do a few tests now. *hugs*

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Unless you have hormonal issues, like thyroid, low progesterone, or clotting issues, usually there is very little that can be done. It's best to take prenatal vitamins before conception, have a healthy diet, and be at a healthy weight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
debbie303
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

geez after all the research and articles and everything else under the sun, it still have not found any right answers. as hard as it sounds, everything happens for a reason. I wish i too could have the correct answers on how to prevent this things, but it just does. Staying healthy for u and baby and just staying postive. sorry for ur loss.

Mommy4Clara
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Hi Tosha,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  When my baby's heart stopped beating in November, I was devastated.  My doc literally told me, "if you have another miscarriage, we'll do testing then."  I'm sorry, but I didn't want to wait to see if I was going to have another miscarriage....So I did my own research and went back to all my lab work throughout the pregnancy.  I found that my progesterone was FAR TOO LOW.  I had to change doctors and found out that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which causes high risks of miscarriage.  I will need to increase my progesterone for my next pregnancy.  I am trying to raise it naturally by taking Vit. C supplements and getting a LOT of exercise. 

You might be having a miscarriage because of a hormonal deficiency, so there are steps you can take to avoid another miscarriage.  However, you might be having a m.c because of a chromosomal problem, in which case, these cannot be avoided...

Again, I'm sorry you are going through this.  <<<hugs>>>

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN