Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Trying to find out how to prevent a miscarrige

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello I'm Tosha and I having a miscarrige now and wondering if anyone hase advise on preventing this from happening again?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

There are so many reasons as to why a woman miscarries and sometimes, there just aren't any answers. Have you spoken to your doctor or midwife about your concerns? I'm so very sorry for your loss.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  Everyone can have a m/c for different reasons so there just are definite answers how to prevent.  And most doctors won't do tests until after you have 2 m/c which really sucks.  Sometimes if you have a really good doctor they might do a few tests now. *hugs*

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Unless you have hormonal issues, like thyroid, low progesterone, or clotting issues, usually there is very little that can be done. It's best to take prenatal vitamins before conception, have a healthy diet, and be at a healthy weight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
debbie303
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

geez after all the research and articles and everything else under the sun, it still have not found any right answers. as hard as it sounds, everything happens for a reason. I wish i too could have the correct answers on how to prevent this things, but it just does. Staying healthy for u and baby and just staying postive. sorry for ur loss.

Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Hi Tosha,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  When my baby's heart stopped beating in November, I was devastated.  My doc literally told me, "if you have another miscarriage, we'll do testing then."  I'm sorry, but I didn't want to wait to see if I was going to have another miscarriage....So I did my own research and went back to all my lab work throughout the pregnancy.  I found that my progesterone was FAR TOO LOW.  I had to change doctors and found out that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which causes high risks of miscarriage.  I will need to increase my progesterone for my next pregnancy.  I am trying to raise it naturally by taking Vit. C supplements and getting a LOT of exercise. 

You might be having a miscarriage because of a hormonal deficiency, so there are steps you can take to avoid another miscarriage.  However, you might be having a m.c because of a chromosomal problem, in which case, these cannot be avoided...

Again, I'm sorry you are going through this.  <<<hugs>>>

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)