Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

How soon is too soon?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM
  • 18 Replies
So, I think I am almost done with my mc. I am just kind of barely bleeding compared to what it was. My question is this; how soon after a mc is too Soon to make love with my boyfriend? I plan to ask the dr the er referred me to but my appointment isn't until the 21st of this month (almost a whole month after my mc on Christmas) and I don't want to wait that long if I don't have to.

So what is the general consensus?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Laulaulu321
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
My doctor said that once I felt fine it okay to have sex again. She also said it was okay to keep ttc if I want to. But we are waiting because df wants to wait..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peggypopdesigns
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM
We are anxious to try again but I am also rather nervous. We weren't trying to begin with but now that we lost our first we want to try again. I am not sure if these are normal feelings or not but they are what's going through my head. Sometimes I am not sure if I am doing the right thing or not.
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I'm glad your starting to physically heal.  I would talk to your doctor about it because it can be different for everyone.  My doctors told me 2 weeks and when the bleeding stopped.  Just know even after 2 weeks you will probably still be a little sore.  

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:57 PM

My doctor told me to wait until the bleeding had stopped and when I felt physically ready.

Salem2012
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM

When i had mine i had to wait 3 weeks 

jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:19 AM
id say wait until the bleeding has stopped, but know that you might still be sore a tender and could possibly even have some cramping or bleeding after. also be prepared for the wave of emotions that may come. its hard being intimate after a loss, well it was for me anyway. good luck, i hope everything goes well and you and BF can reconnect in that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

My doctor told me to wait until the bleeding had stopped and when I felt physically ready.

Tabbycat28
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My dr told me to wait until after my first period. From reading the other post it sounds like everyone been told something different. I know I was 7 weeks along when I miscarried.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I was told to wait two weeks, but I had a D&C. I think as long as the bleeding has stopped and you feel physically ready, it should be fine.

gina6239
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I also mc on Christmas, and my Dr. never gave me this answer. I looked it up and found out that you can as soon as your bleeding completely stops (to make sure that your cervix has closed back up to avoid infection). You can also call the Dr. and ask for a nurse to call you if you want to make sure. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)