Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I had my doctors appt today

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

And she said everything sounds like its going well and I shouldn't need a D&C. I go in next Monday to get some blood work to make sure my hormone levels are going down. She said I could safely start trying to conceive again after my first normal menstrual cycle if I feel ready. She made me feel better because she reassured me that when I got pregnant again they would do lab work right away to make sure my hormone levels are going up and an early ultrasound. 

I forgot to ask her about my sensitive stomach so I am going to ask you ladies, its a bit TMI, but I am sure you ladies have heard worse lol.

My lower stomach is very sensitive and it hurts and feels pretty tender when I have to poop, do you ladies know if this is normal? 

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purfectlilly
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I did not experience senstivity as you are describing but I did have terrible, severe crams with my first periods post m/c.

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Did it take a long time for you to get your first period?

Quoting purfectlilly:

I'm sorry for your loss. I did not experience senstivity as you are describing but I did have terrible, severe crams with my first periods post m/c.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Oh I am glad you had a good appointment! That sounds very reassuring. I have not had any issues with pooping... But I have had some pretty uncomfortable cramping if I have a full bladder! This morning in fact, I woke up an needed to go, like every morning, and even after I was so crampy I took 3 Motrin. I wonder if it's the same thing? I just figured my bladder must have been putting pressure on my uterus... Which is probably a little in shock right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Ya possibly. The doctor said my bleeding should slow down, but my cramping is still pretty intense today.

Quoting Angela4boys:

Oh I am glad you had a good appointment! That sounds very reassuring. I have not had any issues with pooping... But I have had some pretty uncomfortable cramping if I have a full bladder! This morning in fact, I woke up an needed to go, like every morning, and even after I was so crampy I took 3 Motrin. I wonder if it's the same thing? I just figured my bladder must have been putting pressure on my uterus... Which is probably a little in shock right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Do the meds help?

Quoting smurfy88:

Ya possibly. The doctor said my bleeding should slow down, but my cramping is still pretty intense today.

Quoting Angela4boys:

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Ya, it takes the edge off. I passed the baby sunday at 2 in the morning but I am still passing some clots today. I am just worried :/

Quoting Angela4boys:

Do the meds help?

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Devious103102
by Priscilla on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Glad to hear the appt went well. Sounds about normal. 

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I think that's normal. I passed the baby in the office before the D&C... But they did another ultrasound and my uterus was full... I asked the doctor how long, he said it would probably be 4-5 days mostly complete, but up to 3 weeks. So I just went ahead with the procedure. But I bet you will be fine. I was reading that passing blood and or clots will cause cramping because blood irritates the uterus. So I think what you are experiencing is normal.

Quoting smurfy88:

Ya, it takes the edge off. I passed the baby sunday at 2 in the morning but I am still passing some clots today. I am just worried :/

Quoting Angela4boys:

Do the meds help?

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting Angela4boys:

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Thank you for the reassurance :)

Quoting Angela4boys:

I think that's normal. I passed the baby in the office before the D&C... But they did another ultrasound and my uterus was full... I asked the doctor how long, he said it would probably be 4-5 days mostly complete, but up to 3 weeks. So I just went ahead with the procedure. But I bet you will be fine. I was reading that passing blood and or clots will cause cramping because blood irritates the uterus. So I think what you are experiencing is normal.

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Do the meds help?

Quoting smurfy88:

Quoting Angela4boys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad everything is going well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)