Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

UGH!!! Trying not to scream!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have mentioned before here that my sister in law is pregnant.  She is 18 weeks....I would have been 17 weeks tomorrow.  She found out today that she is having a girl, and it's posted all over facebook.

I'm trying to be ok with it, I'm trying not to be angry.  But I'm so annoyed by it!

My SIL has 3 boys, ages 16, 9, and 9. No, the second two are not twins, they are 9 months apart exactly, born the same year.  She has had all three boys taken away from her from CPS for drug and physical abuse.  The younger boys live with her again but the oldest child has not lived with her in a few years.

She has always wanted a baby girl and made many mentions  of not preventing a pregnancy, so she could have a girl.  But she doesn't take care of the boys she has!!!!  Her boyfriend is a massive drug addict and he beats on all of them.  She doesn't have the time, money, or patience for a baby.  On the other hand, my hubby and I have the resources and the love and tried for months to get pregnant, and our baby died at 12 weeks gestation.  It just seems so unfair.

I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and I am trying to see the good in all of this, but it's very difficult not to be ridiculously frustrated!

Thanks for listening to my vent!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabeybaby07
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry for your loss. I just lost my baby i dodnt know about 2 days ago - 7week ges. - i know it seems unfair. I dont know if you are religious, but God has a plan for everything. Have faith that your time will come. I would stay off fb for a little while.. and i will say a pray for you tonight. *hugs and kisses*

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I am sorry, I hate stories like... It really just doesn't seem right does it :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
feralkitten
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

i know they feel i raise my 2 step kdis cause there mum neglect them 

she has a 14 year old girl in foster care permintly then 2 with me who are boy 11 and girl 9 and she had a 4th son who is AND GOT TO KEEP HIM ! 

i have two sons and am hoping to be blessed with a daughter well other daughter i have my sd she my girl but how nice would it be go give her a sister . dont get my wrong a boy will be loved to 

it feel so wrong this women who neglect and starved her kids got to have 2 boy and two girls .  and i miscarried my 3rd baby  i'm a good mum i love all 4 kids and raise them the same if tehre my bio or not 

but one think i do know is we will both get our babys really soon i can feel it :)

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Vent away. It always seems to work out like that, doesn't it? I'm so sorry . It pisses me off too, mainly because it JUST DOESN"T MAKE SENSE! Ok, I'm done type-yelling. Well, we're here for you. :(

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM

My boyfriend's exwife is 35ish weeks pregnant- she does not have custody of her 4 older children (3 of them are not my boyfriends bio kids so we also do not have them).  She was resently a prostitute and on drugs and jumped out of a moving car... but I lost my baby????  I understand!  and I am sorry you are having to go through this

Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM

So sorry..... These stories make me cringe!

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

My boyfriend's exwife is 35ish weeks pregnant- she does not have custody of her 4 older children (3 of them are not my boyfriends bio kids so we also do not have them).  She was resently a prostitute and on drugs and jumped out of a moving car... but I lost my baby????  I understand!  and I am sorry you are having to go through this

jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this
wow, vent away, id be completely mad and upset to. life just sucks sometimes. i cant even imagine the frustartion and anger you must feel over the situation. im so sorry things have worked out this way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4Clara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Another cousin just announced that she is pregnant. In the 4 weeks since my loss, I have had my best friend, my SIL, a close friend from college, an ex boyfriend's wife, and now 2 cousins all announce they are pregnant. I'm trying to be happy for them, but this is ridiculous!
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I'm not pregnant yet. Does that help? I know it doesn't, but I wanted to try to cheer you up a little!

I have to stay away from facebook and certain people at the moment myself. It's like as soon as you lose a baby, pregnant ladies come out of nowhere and are EVERYWHERE. Heck, I went to Kroger on senior citizen day and it was full of pregnant ladies. Really, on senior citizen day.

Quoting Mommy4Clara:

Another cousin just announced that she is pregnant. In the 4 weeks since my loss, I have had my best friend, my SIL, a close friend from college, an ex boyfriend's wife, and now 2 cousins all announce they are pregnant. I'm trying to be happy for them, but this is ridiculous!

Lissy9weeks
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
The irony is incredible .I knew my loss was a moth ago but life seems to like giving us lemons. I don't have any children yet but here I am in a rocking chair rocking someonelses baby to sleep.I am a nanny life can be a bitch. We are all great moms but people like your sister in law or snookie from jersey shore get to have healthy babies.life can really seem unfair.but together we can make it.pregnant women are like weeds they are everywhere but soon we'll belong to them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)