Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Tomorrow would have been my EDD

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

Well tomorrow would have been my due date :( I am trying to remain positive and thankful for all I have, but it's SO hard not to think about what "should" have been. I've also been tearing up randomly throughout the past two days...so I'm not sure what tomorrow will be like.

I had plans to do dinner and shopping with a friend tomorrow because DH has class all evening. However, she cancelled on me last night. I'm a little irritated because she knew I wanted to do something fun that day and since she waited until last minute, no one's free tomorrow. And it's not really a good reason. Just, she'd rather do a weekend night instead of a weeknight. I'm a little hurt.

I may treat myself to a massage tomorrow. It would be a nice relaxing thing to look forward to :)

How did you ladies handle your due dates?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM
You should treat yourself! I am sorry about your friend. If I were near I would love to go out with you ( I happen to prefer week nights anyways ;).

For me, my due date came and went pretty uneventfully. For whatever reason, I associate June 9th with Avery, the day I had him... And January 3rd with the baby I just lost because I think of it more of a birthday. I have not hit the year mark yet, but I plan on either making a donation in his name, or some sort of act of kindness or service project in his name. I really want to be happy and joyful, and keep thing positive. I think that will make me feel better honoring their little lives.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I haven't hit my EDD yet. I think treating yourself would be a nice idea.
MommaBoop922
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Im so sorry for your loss.  The due date is always really tough and Im sorry that your friend bailed on you.  Its always really hard when people arent there when you need them.  I agree that you should treat yourself!! That will help you get through the day and keep your mind off of things a bit.

I hoope the day isnt too terrible and we are here if you need support!   

Michaela880
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM

It was a verry verry sad,ocean of tears...... my due date was 5/2 mos ago, We loss our first baby boy at 33weeks....it was hard , is hard , and it will be every year on his due date....

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I am not sure how I am going to handle my dd... Its the same day my son was stillborn... On the 21st. We are going to put flowers on his grave and release some balloons... Other then that I am going to be hiding in my house most likely.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM

*hugs*  I'm sorry.  That was really douchey of your friend.  A massage sounds like a good treat.  

Treasure43
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the support ladies :) Things worked out after all! Apparently, my friend was saying she couldn't do a couples night (her bf was busy). She ended up coming over and we ate pizza, drank wine, and chatted. A very enjoyable evening!

I wasn't sad at all today. Work was crazy and then I had things to do all evening. I wasn't nearly the wreck I thought I'd be! Hopefully this is another step in the healing process.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)