Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

tests came back ..panicing..update in replys UPDATE AGAIN :(

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

after  my second miscarriage i requested tests be done to see if something is causing them. the dr decided to  spread the tests out over months because my insurance wont cover fertility. so he did a panel of blood work ( panel 1 he called it)  he assured me that  because i have a 4 year old dd  it highly unlikely anything will come back and this was just to ease my mind.  well the drs office called 5 times in two hours ( i was napping) i call back, they said many of the levels on the panel came back abnormal and the dr needs to see me. she wouldnt tell me what tests were taken, if it was serious, or fixable nothing just set an apt and talk to the dr. he will want to discuss  this with you and run  more blood work and further tests.  my apt isnt till friday!   even though i felt like it was my fault i lost the babies  dh and i were so sure we would have another chance and now i dont even know if that possible!!! my heart is aching, i want to cry. i was told my whole like i couldnt have children because i have PKU and  then  hen i was pregnant with dd i was assured things had changed in the years and i have a healthy girl.  i know im lucky  but  dh and i wanted another so badly!  we wanted alittle boy to complete  the family and he died. of all the health issues i have why this? why my fertility and ability to carry children? why the one thing i hold so dearly ????/  crying

so my OB ran more blood work. and re ran the tests that were elevated. he called today saying they are still significantly elevated and i need to be need by a hematologist to find out what is going on with me. they never said anything other then my having a possible clotting disorder. and today told me to stop taking the asprin they  were having me take immediately. i'm not going to lie..im scared now.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I am so very sorry!! Hopefully it is all easily fixed and you will soon have your healthy baby in your arms. All my tests came back negative and now I am very frusterated as to what is causing my losses.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Don't panic and think the worst quite yet.  And medications can help a lot with tons of conditions so don't think you'll never have kids.  I know its hard but just try and keep yourself calm until your doctors appt.  

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Try to stay calm and take things step by step. The big picture and also fear of the unknown can be overwhelming..... But don't let it get in your head. Answers can be a good thing, and often overcome. It's good to have a game plan!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
puddinpopsmama
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Minor update I called the ob today they have a cancellation at 3:30 so hopefully ill have some answers by this evening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Keep us updated and I hope it goes okay

Quoting puddinpopsmama:

Minor update I called the ob today they have a cancellation at 3:30 so hopefully ill have some answers by this evening.

puddinpopsmama
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM
just got home from the OB. he said i have a blood clotting disorder that causes miscarries and stillbirth, also high rheumatoid arthritis which apparently also causes miscarriages. he said he wants to do a full screening before a diagnoses is made as to why for sure im miscarrying. as for now i have to take baby asprin to prevent clotting and strokes ( lovely) and on the 25th day of my cycle i have to come in for a biopsy, then more blood work and some test to look at my uterus in great detail. so no real answers other then i have two more things wrong with me to add to my list just these two could be by im miscarrying. this is going to be a long hard few months...
iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM

are the blood clotting and the arthritis related?  I know these are wonderful "answers" but atleast you have a doctor who is trying to help, most just seem to treat mc as an "oopps"  Good luck and keep us posted.

Quoting puddinpopsmama:

just got home from the OB. he said i have a blood clotting disorder that causes miscarries and stillbirth, also high rheumatoid arthritis which apparently also causes miscarriages. he said he wants to do a full screening before a diagnoses is made as to why for sure im miscarrying. as for now i have to take baby asprin to prevent clotting and strokes ( lovely) and on the 25th day of my cycle i have to come in for a biopsy, then more blood work and some test to look at my uterus in great detail. so no real answers other then i have two more things wrong with me to add to my list just these two could be by im miscarrying. this is going to be a long hard few months...

avaana06
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I was told I may have a blood clotting disorder also. Lupus anti coagulant was the issue. Well they make you retake the test 12 weeks later. I did and it came back negative. I had 4 miscarriages. I am now  9 weeks pregnant and everything is going well. I never made it past 7 weeks with the others. What was the name of the clotting disorder?

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I have a friend that had 2 miscarriages and found out she had a blood clotting disorder. She is now 30 weeks pregnant with her rainbow so don't lose hope. When you get all this taken care of you could get pregnant with your rainbow. So don't loose hope.

Quoting puddinpopsmama:

just
got home from the OB. he said i have a blood clotting disorder that
causes miscarries and stillbirth, also high rheumatoid arthritis which
apparently also causes miscarriages. he said he wants to do a full
screening before a diagnoses is made as to why for sure im miscarrying.
as for now i have to take baby asprin to prevent clotting and strokes (
lovely) and on the 25th day of my cycle i have to come in for a
biopsy, then more blood work and some test to look at my uterus in great
detail. so no real answers other then i have two more things wrong
with me to add to my list just these two could be by im miscarrying.
this is going to be a long hard few months...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
puddinpopsmama
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM
It was a long word that starts with A

Quoting avaana06:

I was told I may have a blood clotting disorder also. Lupus anti coagulant was the issue. Well they make you retake the test 12 weeks later. I did and it came back negative. I had 4 miscarriages. I am now  9 weeks pregnant and everything is going well. I never made it past 7 weeks with the others. What was the name of the clotting disorder?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)