Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Feel like I was just punched in the heart

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 24 Replies

I know this may sound totally stupid but I'm going to put it out there anyways. So I can tell you exactly how far along in my pregnancy I am supposed to be now if we hadn't lost the baby. And I can tell you how many weeks and days it's been since we had to have the d&c. Like an idiot, I just realized tonight that I was supposed to be 6 months at this point. I knew I was supposed to be 26w almost, but somehow the weeks didn't seem to be as long as 6 months sounds. It just hit me so darn hard. I'm supposed to be feeling kicks and jabs and hiccups...not on cm whining about my loss.   :(

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this
its not weird to count. i did it. its normal as far as im concerned. im so sorry for your loss, i wish i had something more comforting to say besides im praying for you ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awalter01
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember doing that with my first miscarriage.  You really shouldn't feel silly or whatever for feeling that way.  My due date was hard too.  And now I have had another miscarriage and I can just about know what moments or days are going to tug at my heart strings.  Someone told me recently we are just complex people, we feel so many things and we can feel them all at the same time.  That is so true for me.  I really hope you don't feel bad for sheding a tear every now and again.  It's your baby you still love.  Your baby still loves you too even if you don't have the jabs or kicks.

echupko
by Group Mod-Elizabeth on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this
:-( hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Irene1923
by Tina on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry last night was hard. I did the same thing with my losses...I couldn't help but think sometimes about how far I should be, especially around important dates (both pregnancy and non pregnancy related). *Hugs*
Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
(((Hugs)))

You aren't stupid. These tiny babies are forever in our hearts.
jacksmom3707
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, so sorry you are feeling upset but I totally know what you mean. I do that every once in a while too and think about how far along I should be. I think we've all done it. Don't ever feel silly and just know you are not alone. Hugs!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I know, I don't why I didn't do the math...weeks compared to months. It just caught me off guard when I realized it was supposed to be that far along.

Quoting jacksmom3707:

Aww, so sorry you are feeling upset but I totally know what you mean. I do that every once in a while too and think about how far along I should be. I think we've all done it. Don't ever feel silly and just know you are not alone. Hugs!

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM

It is hard. I don't know why I never put it all together, maybe I didn't want to. I've thought about the weeks every day, but not so much the months. Well, I'm better this morning. I just feel so dumb, how it just caught me like that. :(

Quoting Irene1923:

I am sorry last night was hard. I did the same thing with my losses...I couldn't help but think sometimes about how far I should be, especially around important dates (both pregnancy and non pregnancy related). *Hugs*

Irene1923
by Tina on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Don' t feel dumb...I find the pain sneaks up quite unexpectedly and over the strangest things sometimes. Both of my due dates have passed so now I find myself on occassion thinking "I should have an almost 1 yr old or a 6mth old." Five months was hard for me for some reason. Never feel bad or dumb for being upset. Glad today is better. *Hugs*

Quoting momofcrazypants:

It is hard. I don't know why I never put it all together, maybe I didn't want to. I've thought about the weeks every day, but not so much the months. Well, I'm better this morning. I just feel so dumb, how it just caught me like that. :(

Quoting Irene1923:

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
*hugs* it's hard to not count the weeks and months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)