Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Going out?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 16 Replies

I know, I am full of questions, I'm sorry.

How you deal with people who push you to go out? I teach a class Tuesday's at our homeschool co-op, and I have spoken to my co-teacher who is fine with taking the class for me. However, there are those who do not understand. I am just not ready to be around people yet. Not to mention, there are alot of babies and Mom's to be there. I just can't deal with that yet. I am trying so hard to be polite and help them understand but it is not getting through.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
perkyjava
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I totally understand... I am  a teacer and one of my hardest days was having to tell my class I was no loger having a baby. I also tutor on Monday nights and one of my friends ad fellow teachers tutored for me for about a month. I am sorry for your loss and people who don't have a clue.

Namaste09
by Samantha on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:20 PM

just keep breathing, an doing what you need to do. Don't worry about getting other people to understand how you are feeling.

My mother doesn't understand either, normally I work weekends but I took my whole weekend off an do not want to see anyone. She seems to think I need to keep busy, but even working I am still going to think about it. I don't want to keep busy I just want to cuddle up with my blanket an cry.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Personally, I would make no apologies. If your co-teacher is willing to take it... Problem solved. There are always "those people" but right now, you need to take care of you, they will get over it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Treasure43
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quoting Angela4boys:

Personally, I would make no apologies. If your co-teacher is willing to take it... Problem solved. There are always "those people" but right now, you need to take care of you, they will get over it!

I agree! Do what is right for you. Don't let other people tell you what's "right" for you. Only you know what's best for you.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I would tell them one time that I need the time to grieve whether they understand or not.  Then I wouldn't be too polite but thats just me.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM

It took me a few weeks to even really leave the house by myself for small errands. I just wasn't ready before that and I was in no rush. You need to take things at your own pace, there isn't a "time limit" on grief. It seems like things are being handled as far as your homeschool co-op goes, don't feel like you have to explain anything to anyone. You can if you want, but you certainly don't have to. I'm so sorry for your loss, people just don't get it unless they've gone through it themselves. (hugs)))

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I agree with the other ladies you just need to take all the time you need to greive and just do things at your own pace. 

jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:41 AM
just tell them that you need time to moarn or try to ajust to what is happening to you. personally if they cant support you and at least try to understand then phhhttt on them. you need to take the time to help yourself. good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytoaangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:05 AM
sorry for ur loss how far along were u take it day by day i lost my identical twin sons on dec fifth it is still hard to do anything hugs an good luck
Herlache
by Jessie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I just don't answer my phone and if they won't quit I text them I'm sleeping. Sorry for your loss
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)