Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh do doctors really know what they are talking about?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

so after being told by my OB that I am going to miscarry and him giving me meds for the bleeding and pain and anxiety, I wake up yesterday with a massive migraine. I have never had one before, but this one is awful. if I move the whole top of my my head feels like it is just going to pop off. throbbing pain, nausea. so anyway I wait until today to call the office to see what can be done or if I should be worried. they call me back 3 hours later to tell me that the dr has called me in a prescription for phenergan. ok wth? I am already on that for the morning sickness, which yes I am still having. so now I am really starting to wonder if he is even right about the miscarriage. I am having no cramps, no bleeding. and I am still having the early pregnancy symptoms. ugh I am so confused.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Irene1923
by Tina on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Ahh....I am sorry you are going through this. Try a cold compress and magnesium for your head. As for the not bleeding yet....with my second loss I found out at 8wks my baby had passed at 6wks. I had no spotting or cramping until 12 wks and had pregnancy symptoms until after I passed the baby. Sometimes it takes a while for your body to start the process. Do you have follow up appt soon?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carolinarose79
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:42 PM

the only follow up I have is to have my hcg levels rechecked. I won't actually see a dr. this has so far felt like the dr is just too busy to care. I had barely walked into the office the other day and he jumped right to the ultrasound. I think I spent a total of 20 mins in the office and that was the first visit with this dr ever. I totally understand that it is gods will and that if I lose the baby that it is in his plan for me. what I don't get is what happened to bedside manner and easing the mind of the patient. unfortunatly I live in a area where there are very few dr's to choose from. I just pray for some peace. and I am so glad and thankful to the folks on this site for being there to talk to.

momofcrazypants
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I'm so sorry about your migrane. I used to get them a long time ago, it's been years since I've had one but oh do I ever still remember how awful they were. They make some so so meds over the counter that you can get for them...I think Excedrin has a migrane formula. I'm sorry about the loss you're going through as well. It's so hard, esp. when you don't have any physical symptoms of it. When I had went in for my 16w OB appointment, they found out my baby had no hearbeat and had passed. They did another u/s and determined that it had been passed away for 2-3 weeks! No symptoms, no bleeding, nothing. So clearly I was devastated and saddened when I thought about all the times I rubbed and talked to my baby not knowing that anything was wrong! Fortunately, I have a wonderful OB and although he couldn't do the D&C himself when I had to go in for it, his partner did and she was equally as wonderful. She even held my hand for me and wiped away my tears for me when they were putting me to sleep. Bedside manner is still there, it's just hard to find. Maybe after you're healed up and when you're ready to ttc again, find another doctor or midwife. One that you really like. There are still remarkable people out there, sometimes we just have to look harder for them. (hugs)

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Phenergan isn't going to help a migraine! Grrr!!! I am sorry you are going through this ((( hugs)))). I would call around a few more offices and see if another doctor can see you and give you another opinion.

I had an appt 5 days later... But when I called the Dr office squeezed me in the next morning. The doctor personally did two ultrasounds, didn't act rushed and fit me in for a D&C the very same day. If you aren't given good care.... Switch! I settled for mediocre once and wished I didn't!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)