Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about af after mc

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
I had my miscarriage on November 18. I bled and spotted for almost 4 weeks. Its been 8 weeks since the Mc and still no AF. Should I be concerned and see the doctor? Or keep waiting?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momofcrazypants
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I've been told by some that the window is 4-6 or 4-8, so 8 weeks I think is still within the range. Of course, you can always call the doctor and speak to them or a nurse. They may want to investigate it further. I didn't miscarry on my own and had to go in for a D&C, it took 32 days post procedure for my AF to finally show up.

alyssasalk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I had my miscarriage on Nov 25, I bled for about 2 weeks and then I got my AF on December 29. This was my first micarriage so I don't know what is normal and what isn't. I hope you figure it out soon!

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:19 AM
I would call the doctor. You may have retained tissue. There are things they can do to jump start things if it's just hormonally imbalanced as well.
Mommytoaangel
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:23 AM
My af is still a no show i have only been spotting since dec 20 an i had my sons dec fifth i wasent even bleeding after i had them good luck an sorry for ur loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Maybe give the dr a call. I think it can take some time though sometimes. Thinking of you and good luck
dewzer47
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Thanks everyone, I made an appointment Thursday to talk with my doctor.
Mommy4Clara
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:08 AM

My doctor told me it could be 3 months before an AF.  You are probably ok, since you bled and spotted for 4 weeks, it's only been 4 weeks since you stopped bleeding.  If it's really bothering you, call your doctor just for a follow up!

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)