Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

I am so broken and It gets worse every day....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hey ladies, I haven't been on in a while but I have really been struggling. As many of you know we lost our sweet angel Jackson on 9/12/12 at 19 weeks. I was supposed to be due on Feb 6th and the closer I get to that date the worse I feel. I should be like 38 weeks and happy and so excited for our sweet baby boy and instead I sit here with empty arms and a heavy heart. My husband and I started trying as soon as we were given the okay and have had no luck conceiving which is just killing me. we want a baby SO badly and just don't understand what is going on. I have done OPK's, tracked my temps and cervical mucus etc. My periods have been much heavier and cycles longer than normal. I used to have 27-28 day cycles with a 5-7 day period. Now my period is about the same or shorter but VERY heavy but my cycles have been long, this month 35 days! Anyone have any insight as to what could be going on or what we could do to increase our chances of fertility. Going on cycle 4 of TTC and I just feel lost/hopeless. I set up an appt with my oB this friday to just meet up and chat and see where I can go from here. I know they say it can take up to a year but I really don't know if I can wait that long. every time I get my period, I totally lose it. This is all sooooo unfair. I am surrounded by pregnant people at work and friends/family and it kills me. :o( 

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Treasure43
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I think talking with your OB Is a great first step!  DH and I suffered a loss in July and are on month 5 of TTC and it sucks. My cycles have gotten longer as well, though they were always long to begin with. I went in to my doctor and she tested my thyroid and prolactin levels. My prolactin is slightly elevated, so I have to retest next week and go from there. Apparently those two hormones can make it difficult to concieve, so see if your doctor is willing to test for those. It's a simple blood test.

I know how difficult trying is, ESPECIALLY after a loss. However, stress can play a huge part. I know I stress about getting pregant and I've heard so many people say when they stop stress, boom, they're pregnant. So this month, I'm going to relax and just see what happens!

Good luck and baby dust to you! Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

blessedmommie07
by Desiree on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
*hugs* I'm sorry it is taking a while to conceive. Sometimes stress and wanting it so bad takes a toll in your body. Hopefully this doctor can help you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I know you're super stressed out! Just try to relax a little and maybe getting in with the OB would be a good step. There are so many things that can complicate conceiving, maybe they can point you in the right direction or even see if there is an issue with you conceiving. (hugs)

mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry. I dont really have any insight or advice. I hope you get help/answers from your dr. Good luck and hooe you get a bfp soon. I cant remember your details...did you ever have any testing done after your loss?
Kwoods912
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Yes, I had a ton of testing done. I had labs, chromosomal testing, ultrasounds, MRI of my pelvis- all is normal.  I was very happy and was told I should conceive quickly because I am young without any medical problems etc. I know Ive only tried for 3 months but it's so frustrating!

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Hang in there honey.  Keep an open relationship with your OB about maybe they can give you something to get your periods on track.  Hugs

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry hun! I am praying for your BFP. It sounds like your relationship with your OB is good...so glad for that. I know waiting is so hard, especially when it's something you want so much! (((Hugs)))
susan92
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

i lost my baby at 4 months along on christmas day 6 years ago and it still hurts i dont even celibrate that holiday because of it

Namaste09
by Samantha on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Relax an everything will happen when it's meant to be. Praying for you. 

Devious103102
by Priscilla on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

((((hugs))) It's just going to take some time for things to regulate. Also maybe taking the "laid back" approach to ttcing might help because all of the "trying" is probably stressing you out.  I lost my son on Sept 25 at 17w 5d (I was due Feb 28) and we started trying again pretty much right away (minus a month that my husband was away for training) with no luck. This month I didn't temp, didn't do OPK's, nothing, and I just got my BFP yesterday!  Good luck hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)