Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

The Only Thing Helping Me Right Now...

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM
  • 35 Replies

Is this song that I am listening to over and over. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofnoah208
by Melissa on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Songs were very healing and comforting for me in the early months after my loss.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittanyjenean
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:23 PM

My doc basically told me this morning the sac was empty and then he proceeded to prep me for a miscarriage.  This will be my second one in 8months, almost to the day.

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Songs were very healing and comforting for me in the early months after my loss.

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I'm sorry.

Samantha1114
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I am so sorry!  The only things that got me through my mc is September were the women in this group, support from my husband, friends, and family, and 8 seasons of "Monk.". Take time for yourself...

Quoting brittanyjenean:

My doc basically told me this morning the sac was empty and then he proceeded to prep me for a miscarriage.  This will be my second one in 8months, almost to the day.

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Zealand2008
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM
How far along are you? The reason I ask is I had two friends where doctor said sac was empty and wanted to D&C. My friends wanted to wait a couple weeks and thank goodness because they both have healthy children.

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Zealand2008
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Good song. I've been listening to 3 in particular:
Strong Enough by Matthew West
Blessings by Laura Story
Before the Morning by Josh Wilson

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Is this song that I am listening to over and over. 

iSMILEheCRIES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I am sorry for your losses honey.  My 3 songs were Still by Gerrit Hofsink and "I will carry you" by Selah and Hurt and Healer by Mercy Me.  Those songs remind me that other have hurt too, but we will meet our babies in Heaven some day.  How far along are you supposed to be today?  I don't want to give you false hope, but blighted ovums (a "pregnant" uterus but no baby) are often misdiagnoised.  Hugs and I am sorry you are going through this

brittanyjenean
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM

He thought my last pregnancy was a blighted ovum because they couldn't see anything and didn't bother to do a transvaginal.  When I miscarried at home, I gave birth to a baby that was approximately 6 weeks.  There were two little eyes, two little buds for arms, two little buds for feet....when I described in detail what I saw, my doctor's eyes were as big as half-dollars.  He's making me wait a week or two to determine if I am really pregnant or not.  I measured 5weeks and 6days last Tuesday and measured the same today.  I'm supposed to be around or close to 7weeks.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES:

I am sorry for your losses honey.  My 3 songs were Still by Gerrit Hofsink and "I will carry you" by Selah and Hurt and Healer by Mercy Me.  Those songs remind me that other have hurt too, but we will meet our babies in Heaven some day.  How far along are you supposed to be today?  I don't want to give you false hope, but blighted ovums (a "pregnant" uterus but no baby) are often misdiagnoised.  Hugs and I am sorry you are going through this

brittanyjenean
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM

He thought my last pregnancy was a blighted ovum because they couldn't see anything and didn't bother to do a transvaginal. When I miscarried at home, I gave birth to a baby that was approximately 6 weeks. There were two little eyes, two little buds for arms, two little buds for feet....when I described in detail what I saw, my doctor's eyes were as big as half-dollars. He's making me wait a week or two to determine if I am really pregnant or not. I measured 5weeks and 6days last Tuesday and measured the same today. I'm supposed to be around or close to 7weeks.  They still have yet to do a transvaginal.

Quoting Zealand2008:

How far along are you? The reason I ask is I had two friends where doctor said sac was empty and wanted to D&C. My friends wanted to wait a couple weeks and thank goodness because they both have healthy children.

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Zealand2008
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Oh good. My friend had to demand a transvaginal. Glad he's waiting to be sure. I often wonder how many women have D&C with a healthy baby. It's scary.

Quoting brittanyjenean:

He thought my last pregnancy was a blighted ovum because they couldn't see anything and didn't bother to do a transvaginal. When I miscarried at home, I gave birth to a baby that was approximately 6 weeks. There were two little eyes, two little buds for arms, two little buds for feet....when I described in detail what I saw, my doctor's eyes were as big as half-dollars. He's making me wait a week or two to determine if I am really pregnant or not. I measured 5weeks and 6days last Tuesday and measured the same today. I'm supposed to be around or close to 7weeks.  They still have yet to do a transvaginal.

Quoting Zealand2008:

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Quoting mommyofnoah208:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)