Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

What is wrong with me???!!!???

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

I miscarried two years ago and still have not healed... Three years before that, I had a very difficult pregancy.  Now, I'm two months late, took the test and it came back with a negative result.  I know that over- the- counter tests are not absolute or finite, but I cannot afford to seek medical help at this point either.  Still, I can not fathom what might be going on.  My mom says it may be my weight.  Is this possible?  I just don't know what is physically going on with me and my emotional stability is truly beginning to deteriorate.  Please reposnd with any experiences, support, or suggestions that you wonderful ladies may have.  Thank you.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Herlache
by Jessie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I think we never completely heal but get better... weight has alot to do with cycles I was very heavy and never got my cycle or if i did it was heavy and painful and stress has alot to do with our emotions and bodys sorry hun ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
t.pelley
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Thank you. I have never been skinny, but i have also never been as overweight as i am now (other medical conditions attributed to THAT success).  So I a new to shopping in the plus size department as well as the medical issues that accompany overweight people and I am still learning how to be overweright and happy as well as overweight and dresses in clothing other than sweat pants and baggy t shirts... I feel consumed by my saddness and by my weight and I hope that i can be at a healthy weight again soon because my husband wants more children and althought i do not, its my duty to give him offspring.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Weight can have an effect... But from everything I have read, if weight is an issue, losing just 5 or 10 percent is beneficial. That may sound like a lot... But for someone 200 pounds that's just a 10-20 pound loss... Which is certainly quickly attainable!

Over the counter tests are good, but not perfect... With my 3rd son, I got a negative test, but wasn't feeling right...felt very dizzy and was seeing spots, something that has only happened to me when I have been pregnant... Went to the doctor and I was 13 weeks pregnant! In BC pills, never missed a period!

I know you say you can't afford medical attention for this... Understandable, this can get expensive... Have you looked at natural ways to boost fertility. Maybe supplements from the store, dietary changes, etc?

Have you charted for ovulation, used ovulation prediction strips etc?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate to recommend diets to anyone, I tend to eat some bizarre stuff myself! I do try to cut sweets, junk and processed stuff out to a minimum and exercise. I don't know if you have netflix or not, but there is a good documentary out there called Forks over Knives that was put out a few years ago. There's some good info in that and the diet they talk about it pretty similar to how we eat in our family. I also juice, but I like to.

I'm pretty new to the whole charting thing and keeping track of my cycles. Before this loss, I was always the girl in the doctor's office who would try to guess when her last period came. I just never kept track of those things, AF always showed up before and I never marked it down on a calendar or anything! Haha. Well, I started using fertilityfriend.com to help me keep track of my cycles, other ladies have used it and it came pretty highly recommended. It's pretty easy and they have tutorials to help walk you through the process.

Devious103102
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not going to lie, I don't think one can ever completely heal from a loss.  I've had 6, my very first 3 weren't quite as devistating because I had JUST found out I was preg a couple of days before, or AS I was miscarrying (that happened with my first) and I was less than 5-6wks along. I barely had time to let the pregnancy itself stick into my head, let alone fully understand the loss (but they still left their own emotional baggage).  The 4th one, however, was 10yrs (and 1 month) ago and I still have nightmares of it.  I was about 10.3wks along and had just confirmed less than a week before (though on some level I knew before then) and the process of losing the baby was more than I had experienced with the first 3.  I had full on contractions for about an hour, I was able to hold onto/identify the placenta and other things.  It was hard and I'll never forget it or be healed from it, or my other 2 more recent losses, no matter HOW much time passes. 

CafeMom Tickers

J-07.25.00 Em-03.21.02 Belle-08.27.05 Livi-04.09.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN